ACM v Marui tracer units - Urgent info required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACM v Marui tracer units - Urgent info required

Guys what are your thoughts and experiences of these two units as I'm going to buy one as I play night games only. I've got tracer magazines but these have a short coming in that they are only ever any good when you can fire full auto but my site only does single shot which is an ass.
    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Re: ACM v Marui tracer units - Urgent info required

The ACM has the exact same componants of the same grade as tm, so they do the exact same job - only the ACM one is way cheaper.

I wouldnt be suprised if they are made in the same factory lol

Comment

Actually the ACM is better. It has a metal casing unlike the Marui.

Comment

does it come with adaptors gents?
        "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Mine didn't, but I slide it into my ICS QD Silencer and secure with tape.

Comment

I have both types of tracer unit and my TM has a metal outer. The acm does not come with adapters. Haven't had the chance to use the units yet.

Comment

The ACM is a clone of the TM

The TM DOES have a metal case around it, like the ACM one.
              The TM is of course made with a better finnish and also comes with an o-ring on the switch to stop dirt fowling it over time, the ACM does not.

The way they work is the same, but the TM one makes the BB's glow that bit brighter. There is a thread about it on Arnies Airsoft in the review section should you like to read more.
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

[quote 'GoLgO 13']
                Hey Guys.

One of the first things that I purchased in Japan, as far as airsoft goes, was a Tokyo Marui Tracer unit. It costed me 9800Yen about $92USD at the time. If I had to rank the top 3 coolest airsoft gadgetsIt would go like this [1] TM Tracer unit and bb's [2] 40mm bb showers [3] Gas blowback anything.

It is so much fun to shoot with a tracer unit. TM BB's in particular are made of a brittle plastic that shatters on impact, scattering micro glowing bb fragments everywhere. An onlooker would swear you just fired a star wars Blaster.

The main thing that kept me from buying the TM unit in the past was price(and at first the plastic construction, but they are now aluminum).

retailer removed released their All China Made TM Clone Tracer Unit. At $38.50 shipped I figured I can't go wrong. At the very least I can duel wield my AEP's while shooting Tracers(I know I am a nerd)

I got mine today and I decided to compare the two, just in case anyone else was thinking about picking one up.

First of all here they are...(Marui left, ACM right)

The main thing that I noticed right off of the bat with the ACM was the ###### poor finish. It was incomplete and inconsistant and rough around the edges. Not a huge deal or anything a spraycan couldn't fix, but next to the Marui it just looked bad.

Looking in from the top, The ACM unit wasn't lined up properly compared to the Marui. Again what did I expect? But, it does work so whatever...

The outside was knurled similarly to The Marui but was again half assed and misaligned at points. It still serves it's purpose so this is nitpicking if you will but it still shows the difference in quality.

Here they are opened up, The threading and finish on the ACM are lacking once again, but again it is still functional

The battery compartment, pretty on PAR with each other with the only visible difference being the plastic casting and the copper quality.

Looking at the switches you can see the difference in external quality and finish. The O-ring on the ACM is not colored nor does it sit deep enough to protect the inner switch from dust and debris. Pushing the ACM button is scratchy and course where as the Marui clicks in and out positively and as smooth as butter. But once again, they both function.

Ok Golgo, have you bitched enough about the externals? It was only $38 bux right? Right! So the real test, How well does it perform?????!

Test subject, TM VZ61 using .2g marui tracer bb's...

Here is a stream of ten bb's from the Marui. Well lit and easily kept up with the 20 RPS ROF of teh Skorp.

here is a stream of about 10 bb's from the ACM unit. Obviously the Marui one is brighter, but it was able to keep up with the 20RPS ROF.

Here is a video of the ACM firing.
                http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t=MVI_0884.flv

Final verdict!

Is it as good as the TM? No way. Is it worth $38.50 especially to someone who doesn't use it all the time? Absolutely.

[/quote]

*This is not my review, it was done GoLgO 13 of arniesairsoft
                Last edited by Fingers; 20 September, 2009, 03:42. Reason: retailer removed
                SAVE OUR SPORT
                http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

great post ive heard some good things about the SRC Auto Tracer, which has got me interested i buying, however its unavailable at the moment
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i have a tracer mag for my m4 , it is brighter then the acm unit once you buy and install better uv bulbs from your local maplins and my tracer mag kit cost me 5 pounds and wors flawlessly

Comment

where did you get it from?

Comment

just saw a link for mag-man....is that where you got it from?

Comment

that affirm mate , but instead of mounting the batteries on the outside i mounted on the inside of the internal frame of the high cap , and replaced the given uv bulbs for brighter ones from maplins

Comment

well done on your handy work... im looking to be modding an mp5 mag,so space is probably limited

Comment

yh , on mp5 mag mate the switch n batteries have to b mounted on the rear of the mag the side under the mag release lever ,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ward8124 REME 94-02 Find out more about Ward8124
                              Working...
                              X