Legalities when returning guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalities when returning guns

There is no real reason to the question, just curiosity.
    Since the age to buy IF's / RIF's is 18 but you can sell below the age of 18 no problem. What happens if you buy a RIF from a U18 and things go sour and you need to return the gun (for whatever reason). would sending it back actually be against the law? as they U18 is not receiving the gun as a gift? and even if the person was over 18 would they need to provide a valid defense before it could be returned?

Re: Legalities when returning guns

Maybe they actually shouldn't be selling in the first place as they're not an adult, therefore unable to be held accountable to a `sale contract`.
    Signature Removed

Comment

You shouldn't be a RIF buying from an under 18 under any circumstances.

Comment

A under 18 is allowed to be gifted a RIF 3 times a year buy someone who has the UKARA. However as it is a gift maybe they are not allowed to sell it? Interesting question though.
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

ooo! i was going to ask something...

i know a rif can be gifted to someone. but does it have to be 2 tone?

all ive ever heard of is under 18s being gifted ifs.
          Signature Removed

Comment

As per my above post... A RIF can be gifted 3 times a year to a under 18. I think. The purchaser must be UKARA registered etc.
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I'd like to know where the three times a year comes into it?

I can honestly say I've never heard that before?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

And the ukara its not illegal to own a RIF or IF so I dont see how its illegal to be gifted a gun if the person gifting it to you doesn't have UKARA .

I gets abit on my tits when people keep asking for defense and stuff just for ownership its the buying/swaping which is the illegal sticky ground.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  I'd like to know where the three times a year comes into it?

I can honestly say I've never heard that before?
                  I'm not claiming it is right. I have heard it a few times. I think it might be one/ 3 months? Can't remember but it is something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                    I'm not claiming it is right. I have heard it a few times. I think it might be one/ 3 months? Can't remember but it is something like that.
                    not be be condescending here.

but are you thinking about the ukara registration? 3 skirmishes in over 2 months?
                    Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post

It isn't.

My lad's right. You're mixing it up with the 3games in not less than 2months. I could gift my boy there as much as I like, as often as I like.

By the way. Anybody who knowingly buys a gun off an under 18, needs their bumps feeling.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

My lad's right. You're mixing it up with the 3games in not less than 2months. I could gift my boy there as much as I like, as often as I like.
                        This is going to stick isnt it.
                        Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                          This is going to stick isnt it.

Only on your chin son...keep your mouth open.

Comment

Only on your chin son...keep your mouth open.
                            left myself wide open for that one.
                            Signature Removed

Comment

To answer the OP (I know, spoilsport that I am) if the gun was being returned to an under 18, then no law would be broken, as the gun would be theirs. It's not illegal for an under 18 to own a RIF (hell, some folks may have had their RIF's from the pre-VCRA days), they just can't buy them...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BringOnThunder Find out more about BringOnThunder
                              Working...
                              X