AK74U mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK74U mags?

Hey everyone, in real life, I take it real steel AK74U mags are metal?

I will soon have my full metal/full wood airsoft AK74U, does any manufacturer do any Hicap magazines that are same material as the real steel, because the orangey brick coloured and black Hicap ones that I can find for the AK74 all look plastic on the exterior..

I think it would be a let down to have a full metal and wood gun with a crappy feeling plastic magazine for it.

Pleeease help
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: AK74U mags ??????

Nope, AK74s, 104's 102's and really any other AK except the 47 uses a plastic mag-the 74/74U mags are famously mistaken for being made of bakelite when in actual fact are made of ABS so really if you want to keep it real you need the standard plastic mags. Honestly it doesnt wreck it, I have a 44U and use AKM mags in it-looks great and feels just fine!

edit: a certain retailer that is a supposedly "banned" version of ebay sells AK74 hi-caps. If you bought the CYMA I advise you to change the mag or paint it black-it looks terrible otherwise. I would suggest that you buy around 4 black AK74 mags-they look lethal.
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

wow that really helps, no wonder I couldnt find any metal ones for sale!

I think I'll go for 2 brick and 2 black, mix it up and make it look a bit more russian rebelish

:D
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

What would you say to Dboys Hicaps?

Comment

Well so long as it is a model of either the 74 or 100 series then it is ABS in the two colours, or other polymers.

As for the 47 or the AKM or AIMS, then you are looking at the metal ribbed ones and some AKM's did have bakelite mags on some, but these seemed to be out of fovour as opposed to metal and polymers.

So as it is a 74 then yes you can get the ABS mags and they will look like the real ones as they are similar material.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
          Working...
          X