X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank transfer?

Afternoon everyone : )

Just a quick question.....

If someone on here has been a member for about a year and has a perfect feedback rating (in access of 20), would you do a bank transfer for an item you wish to buy (yes, i am aware there is no comeback on this)

thanks in advance

Steve

Re: Bank transfer?

For me, it would be a resounding "No!" as I was bitten by a supposedly respected member, with 100% feedback. Who doesn't do Paypal these days?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Probably yes. Its usually the easiest way to pay tbh.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Have done so on many occasions - even to lower rated/new buyers.

End of the day if you going to get conned, they'll get you either way. Plus, with a bank transfer you have a lot more information to hand to the police if needed. Remember to get an account these days you need 1million forms of ID

Comment

the annoying thing is, most on here are genuine.....

here lies the problem , just lately i have seem NUMEROUS threads about paypal disputes, not receiving items, etc , etc

its so annoying as most people who i know and have met playing airsoft are all sound, nice people but those small minority ( like the person who stole things at the NAE) put that seed of doubt into your mind and it never goes away

Comment

On any other forum with good feedback and a regular member the answer would be yes.

On this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveuknotts View Post
              the annoying thing is, most on here are genuine.....

here lies the problem , just lately i have seem NUMEROUS threads about paypal disputes, not receiving items, etc , etc

its so annoying as most people who i know and have met playing airsoft are all sound, nice people but those small minority ( like the person who stole things at the NAE) put that seed of doubt into your mind and it never goes away
              If you want to be one of those starting a thread in a couple of weeks time, naming and shaming, pay via bank transfer.

If you want to be able to get your money back if it goes South...use Paypal and pay the 4%.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

lol General, hence my comment just above yours!

Comment

a guy im selling something to wants to pay via bank transfer? is it safe? can the money be withdrawn?

Comment

BAMF

as my thread says , i am aware of the fact that this method is not covered, but this person states they do not use paypal.

Any other time i would not ask this question but my dilemma is that i have been after a specific item for absolutely AGES! and they have one for sale!

Comment

hi BALBOSA

i checked this with my bank and NO this is not a secure method of payment!
                      this method really is down to trust!

Comment

i have only once ever paid money and NOT received the item,and that was via bank transfer,caveat emptor......

fortunately it was for £7.50...so it was a loss that i could live with
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

First of all you have to ask yourself...

Have you posted anywhere just how desperately you want said item?

If a scammer saw that.. and were so inclined.

Does it seem like a coincidence that you were looking for the item.. it appeared.. and the buyer wants an odd type of payment?

ANOTHER EDIT: i had to re word it. all the 'ask yourselfs' were getting on my nerves.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

thanks steve in this case hes paying me though. is that safe?

Comment

yeah, thats a small loss, but still a loss, this is for nearly £70 which is a lot to me at this moment in time!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveuknotts Not finished it yet! lol Find out more about Steveuknotts
                              Working...
                              X