ACOG with biblical references?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACOG with biblical references?

Just stumbled across an article on a US website saying that ACOG's maker trijicon have always put biblical references on their scopes.
    I'm wandering if anybody who has an ACOG that has biblical markings and bible references on the side. Does anybody know if it's only on the real steal ACOG or has anybody noticed them on a replica. I never have and I've got 3 but some really good ones might have that extra detail

Cheers

Andy

Re: ACOG with biblical references??

I havent got one but I remember reading a news article about this months ago. As far as im aware the biblical references were exclusive to that manufacturer whos heads were obviously christians. The US military cottoned on to the fact biblical referenced ACOGS were being used to target muslims in iraq/afghan and decided it was a bit of a bad idea and asked for the biblical refs to be dropped :P. As a result of this I suspect that if you want one you will have to get a 2nd hand real steel one somehow from the US (which might prove problematic). It might also be worth seeing if they produce a civilian version with the references.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance...ht#Controversy

Controversy

Trijicon has been the subject of some criticism for inscribing references to Bible verse addresses within the model numbers on their ACOG sights. Starting in late 2009, Trijicon began shipping sights to the U.S. military without the Bible verses.[16]

Comment

Oh I like this a hell of alot. As if you wouldn't get one and claim you're a messenger of God here to do his business...

Comment

This is true I have seen several with bible chapter and verse, I belive its john chapter 8 but I can't remember the verse. It has been used by taliban to say coalition force are on a holy crusade against islam.

Comment

I know the story behind it, I'm wandering if any one knows where I can get a replica with the scripture on it, there are loads of different verses referenced on them, all are in reference to the light, which is why they are on a scope, because it's to do with seeing the light, I also have to comment on the fact someone said they were used to target Muslims, that's why they were sent without markings from 2009.just shows that people in powerful positions don't read before they take action. That's why there are wars in the first place, fear and ignorance. Muslims are told to revere and read the bible. So any person with any sense would see that it would not offend a Muslim who knew their faith. It's people who do not understand the real basis of faith that come out with such foolishness.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andre the giant Enter The SANDMAN Find out more about andre the giant
            Working...
            X