Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What are the 'meat tenderizers' on guns...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the 'meat tenderizers' on guns...?

I'm sure you all know what I am talking about. Occasionally you see a gun with something that looks like a meat tenderizer about the muzzle. Ususally these are pistols, but occasionally assault rifles and SMGs.

Now I can't find out what they are called, no matter what they are.

At first I figured it might be to weight the end, thus sort of compensating for recoil, but none seem to include muzzle brakes.

Then I thought it might be to do with breaching, similar to the sort of serrated flash hiders on shotguns, although I have no idea why you would try and jam a pistold or SMG into a frame to breach, infact, it sounds rather dangerous.

Finally, and perhaps most stupidly, I considered vaguely that they might be to hit people with, so were you to go round a corner and bump into an assailant, you jam it into their face - although god knows why you wouldnt have just pulled the trigger, if your gun is pointing at them.

So having run through all the things I can think of, all of them seem wrong, so does anyone actually know what they are called, and what they do/are intended to do?

And sorry mods if this is in the wrong section, I was caught in several minds on it...

Re: What are the 'meat tenderizers' on guns...?

echo 1 do a flash hider called a zombie face masher, i'm not sure what they're for but they could be for smashing windows maybe?

Comment

they aren't a counter weight as you would mainly want it weight down at the butt so it tucks in nicely and you don't have to stop it tipping forward. It isn't for breaching (punching a door open with a pistol?) I think it is for beating people, you want the alive but their resisting, simple, or if your out of ammo as you go round a corner, mash their face in. Simple

Comment

I'm sure it's for hitting people with but I could be wrong
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Don't they call them a strike face? real steel use would be breaking windscreen/windows and peoples faces I guess...

Don't try it on the airsoft field
          Signature Removed

Comment

They are usually known as mashers, I believe they are for giving some a smack with, But if it gets any use in airsoft you are playing all wrong .

I have 2 Solar force torches and they have a similar concept on their bezels, they are designed for gouging at faces and eyes (brutal i know).

Comment

Some are breaching chokes aren't they? The AA12 has one, you poke it into a door, twist it a bit then blow the lock out.

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                echo 1 do a flash hider called a zombie face masher, i'm not sure what they're for but they could be for smashing windows maybe?
                This answer appears to provide the correct answer for me.

Now, where did I put my straight-jacket?
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...Field-Survivor

found this on a quick search, seems like you can put them anywhere lol

Comment

That guy doesn't consider the pistol grip somewhere he'd use for strikes?

Obviously never going to do any form of urban combat or crowd control then, as that would be one of your first implements at hand?
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                      This answer appears to provide the correct answer for me.

Now, where did I put my straight-jacket?
                      they call it a zombie face masher but we know there is no such thing as zombies so the only real application they have is smashing stuff up, bit pointless to be fair also jay8 if you get one on the end of your gun then be careful mate you could seriously hurt someone
                      Last edited by Rampage; 24 September, 2011, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                        http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...Field-Survivor

found this on a quick search, seems like you can put them anywhere lol
                        that seems pretty awkward i mean how are you meant to angle your gun to strike something with the pistol grip wouldn't it make sense to have it on the buttstock?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're for breaking glass. They're ghey anyway.

Comment

No mate. In a crowd, the gun would be held across the body. Pistol grip is an ideal strike face, which is why they developed it I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                              that seems pretty awkward i mean how are you meant to angle your gun to strike something with the pistol grip wouldn't it make sense to have it on the buttstock?
                              You're supposed to quickly take the mag out and use it to smash the glass with. It would be totally impractical to use it while still in the rifle. I'd never use a mag to strike something with though. Mental. Marketing gimmick, evidently.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
                              Working...
                              X