Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 Recoil??

Hi,

After an unexciting evening at work I was pondering about whether it would be possible to create a recoil version of an M249/MK46

Internally it would be the same gearbox shell but I would attempt to use the recoil engine from a marui sopmod. Other items within the gearbox would obviously be changed and upgraded to handle the recoil.

The best M249 to use would probably be the one with the retractable M4 style crane stock which has the buffer tube. With a slight modification to the buffer tube it could house the recoil engine.

No idea whether this would work but seeing as both are V2 gearboxes with the marui one only being an upgraded version I thought that perhaps there could be a chance.

What do you guys think?

Any ideas and thoughts on this topic welcome.

Re: M249 Recoil??

249s do not use a version 2 gearbox

Comment

im pretty sure the G&P one has a v2 gearbox.

Comment

They don't have a traditional style v2 gearbox although most of the parts are interchangeable. From what I can gather, an m249 gearbox and an m4 gearbox use basically the same parts only in a different layout within the shell. That's why I was thinking that with some modification, the recoil engine could be added to create some form of recoil.

It was just an idea. I just thought that because similar components were used that it would be possible to convert some parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jarrold View Post
          They don't have a traditional style v2 gearbox although most of the parts are interchangeable. From what I can gather, an m249 gearbox and an m4 gearbox use basically the same parts only in a different layout within the shell. That's why I was thinking that with some modification, the recoil engine could be added to create some form of recoil.

It was just an idea. I just thought that because similar components were used that it would be possible to convert some parts.
          Is everyone ignoring me .. Im almost 100% certain the G&P m249 has a v2 gearbox not like the famaz/v2 gearbox in the ares/star , classic army and a&k m249

Comment

the G&P 249 is a standard v2 gearbox, as far as i'm aware

classic army 249 v2 gearbox is different to a standard one though

i'd like to see a recoil 249 done, but i could imagine problems arising, making it a painful process
            Originally posted by Fenriz
            Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

There is a recoil kit on the market which converts the 249 to gas (CO2) and recoil is provided by a large lump of metal.

I have not seen one done but if I ever get the money together to do one I will. The kit was on sale in Canada for about £300
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                Is everyone ignoring me .. Im almost 100% certain the G&P m249 has a v2 gearbox not like the famaz/v2 gearbox in the ares/star , classic army and a&k m249
                Sorry, wasn't ignoring you. Just haven't seen the G&P M249 internals and just going by the A&K M249.

Wasn't thinking of converting the 249 to gas, even though there is a kit for it as gas can be rather inconsistant in woodland. Was thinking more along the lines of an ebb.

It would probably be very expensive...but on the other hand also one of kind if you could pull it off.

There would probably be a hell of a lot of technical problems in the initial stages getting it to work. But with patience and some technical know how I'm sure it would be possible to move over the recoil engine from the sopmod to the 249. As it would be only the recoil we're looking for there'd be no worries about trying to enable the bolt stop mechanism and other parts that could potentially cause nightmares.

Comment

What about getting your boggers M249 and using a Modify Tremors kit? I take it they are electronic units unlike the TM which uses a piston driven recoil unit I believe? Could either fit it inside a full stock or in the foregrip if you could butcher it to fit???

EDIT: I just checked and it IS piston driven like the TM, but I bet you could make it work with ANY GB with a bit of tinkering...
                  Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
                  Working...
                  X