Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MEU magazines

Hello everyone
    I bought a new TM MEU with a spare mag around eight month ago but have only started using it on a regular basis and have found that one of the mags will fire around 25+ shots on one fill but im only getting around 15 at best with the other, something i have noticed is when i use the one with the low shot count the first 3 to 4 rounds are realy powerful and there is quite a lot of gas blows back in my face, the mags are identical and are TM, is there a fix for this or its it that some mags are better than others.
    im confident in stripping the mag down for inspection but though it would be best to ask thoses that know about this sort of thing first.
    any help would be great
    many thanks
    john beattie

Re: Help with MEU magazines

Should be in the gas tech section mate, is the second definitely TM and not a WE? Could be due to cool down, are you firing the shots off quickly? Are you definitely filling the mags fully?

Comment

Hi
      sorry for posting in the wrong place, can a mod move the post please
      the second mag is definitely a TM im shooting in bursts of two and three with a max eight rounds per mag, but have tested with some slow shooting but still get the same result, its as if the first 3 to 4 rounds are letting out more gas than the other mag and it's just running out, im going to try and put it over the chrony and see if there is any big difference,im definitely filling well around 15 seconds with a new tin of gas.
      thanks for your reply
      john

Comment

have you made sure that the mag isnt leaking?
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Is there any signs of leaking from the dodgy mag? Were they stored with gas in them when you weren't using them?

Try holding the bad on under water to see if there is any bubbles...if so you many have a gas leak. Have you stipped the mag down, try removing the valve on both mags and see if there is any differnence if you swap them over. I would get a bottle of silicone oil and give all the o-rings a good soak and then reassemble it. LaZoucheCustom workshop has a good video on youtube about meu magazine maintanence, might be worth a look.

Nathan

Comment

Thanks danhc and flangtal1ty
            i always leave them empty when stored
            i filled the bad mag and left it for around ten min but no difference still around 15 rounds, but im thinking it may stop leaking at a certain pressure so will try it under water like you say
            i'll also do as you suggest and strip them both down and will take a look at the youtube video
            many thanks
            john

Comment

Originally posted by john beattie View Post
              i always leave them empty when stored
              When you store them keep some gas in the

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                thanks i'll do that, ive had a look at the vid and have orderd some lube so will give them both a good look over when it arrives.
                thanks again for all the help
                john

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post

thanks i'll do that, ive had a look at the vid and have orderd some lube so will give them both a good look over when it arrives.
                  thanks again for all the help
                  john

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

john beattie Find out more about john beattie
                  Working...
                  X