Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo paint job

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question as never seen it mentioned.

Once doing a paint job on your gun do you leave it as it is or is it worth using a lacquer to finish the job?

Kind regards

Steve

Re: Camo paint job

I always use a clear lacquer on mine. You'll have to watch out for which lacquer you but though. Lot's of the clear is gloss finish. Ideally you want a matt finish.

Comment

yeah that was another concern as i have only seen the gloss version. is it worth pying to get that part done properly or diy job?

Comment

I left mine without a clear coat, it weathers nicely if you like the look of a worn gun.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I did mine just using piece of a4 paper and krylon spray, it is actually very solid paint and hard to get scratch. But a clear coat definitely protects the paint especially for grip
          sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveuknotts Not finished it yet! lol Find out more about Steveuknotts
          Working...
          X