Phone detonated claymores ect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone detonated claymores ect?

Wonder how hard this would be to do? maybe a phone detonated smoke bomb i'm sure the electronics wouldn't be too hard, would just be a nice touch and add some variety to the game with 2-3 people to have access to a line of smoke's claymores ect. So thoughts and opinions please!
    p.s. anyone know of any good remote controlled claymores? as the gamma ones are discontinued.
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Phone detonated claymores ect?

You start making something like that and you have someone from 'above' watching over you.
    Think there is a point where you have to say; this Is a step too far fir a days skirmishing. Remote dets are good, mobile phone dets I think is too far. You could Build the remote into an old phone.
    You don't have to buy a pre built one for like £80, you can use the £10 remote doorbell type things, they have about 40m range. Just needs a little electronic knowledge.
    . .

Comment

Easy way - go to Brum (or any major city), find a mosque, three week course in the mountains of Pakistan/Afghanistan, jobs a good un, plus you get real steel use!
      Seriously though, as Windy says, do you really need a phone operated one?
      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

this is a step to far big brother is watching and if this was proceded with you may even get a knock on your door one morning

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

paranoia or what, afaik its not ilegal to do not sure how it would work though. why not just use something like a garage door clicker set to a preprogrammed code. I can see the attraction if more than one person owns a claymore becuase multiple remotes could be an issue causing other people to set off your carefully placed trap at a bad time. only have experience with tripwires and laser break kit though so cant really help.

Comment

Hmm...

Easiest way I can think of would be to use a tremble switch as the trigger for the circuit and have the "detonater" mobile set to vibrate.

Im pretty sure you wont be getting a knock from the old bill, because Jonnhy Plod is far too busy catching people doing 35 in a 30 zone and fining people for littering to do any real police work

Comment

As said above its probably illegal and unless you fancy a sourjon at her majesys pleasure or wpuld like being surveyed by special branch/mi5 then dont bother

Comment

Just wire the phone speaker/vibrator up to a mosfet and go from there. You can then use an alarm(timer) to set it off as well. Although it may or may not go off when the battery is low as well, which would be amusing.

Though this hack really is a source of MASSIVE outrage and you have to see why people are nervous of it, as hypocrytical as it may be (I run around with a replica gun but your replica IED is too far, hur hur hur). Be sensible and expect people to take it personally, definitely on forums and possibly on the field as well, warranted or not. Keep your designs off the web as well, even though anyone can do this mod with literally no electronics know how.

Comment

Remotely detonating pyrotechnics isn't illegal, as long as you are using licensed electronics with a fairly low range. We have some remote detonators, which you can buy with no problem, and they work really well. Their range is measured in tens of metres. Using a mobile phone to do it is against the law, because it can be done from many miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    Hmm...

Easiest way I can think of would be to use a tremble switch as the trigger for the circuit and have the "detonater" mobile set to vibrate.

Im pretty sure you wont be getting a knock from the old bill, because Jonnhy Plod is far too busy catching people doing 35 in a 30 zone and fining people for littering to do any real police work
                    Firstly F### you :D

Any Im pretty sure manfuactuing a remote detonated device will get you in hot water. Companies that make these clackers and remote devices have the licenses and rights to do so, as soon as you start tampering with pyrotechnics and changing them you are manufacturing which is against the law. Now I cant say I have dealt with any Law in this area but its common sense at the end of the day!

Comment

Dirka Dirka Mohammed Jihad.
                      It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Not sure how, as i'm not an electronics guru, but I am pretty sure that it is all about electrical current initiation. The phone is just used as a way of joining the current, and by phoning through, the circuit is closed, thus initiating the device. Pretty sure I read something like that in a book once.
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Mobile phone detonators = extremely bad idea. As someone already said - that's a step too far.

If you want to detonate smokes/maroons by remote though there are remote systems already available that will allow you to do so (am using some on Saturday at a private airsoft game in fact) and they are much more safer, provided the user follows some fairly obvious guidelines and common sense. They can get costly but being designed specifically for the job makes them a lot more reliable and safer.

If you do use them be sure to read up on guidelines to using such devices (for example, ensuring you have line of sight at all times with the device). As said, it's all down to common sense but some people do tend to get caught up in the action and not think things through and if they are not used properly or with due care you or someone else can get hurt.
                          Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                          Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Whilst your intentions are completely innocent, the actual mechanism is a real method of improvised explosive detonation. Of course i doubt any action would be taken but dont be naive to think that mention of this type of stuff doesnt pop up on somebodys rader to make the call to disregard or not.

One thing i suggest you DONT do is going hunting how to do it on other 'sites'
                            Originally posted by Bluegill
                            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Just had a quick browse on various pyro and fireworks forums and no one there seems to be up in arms about wireless det, but I haven't found a definite answer. It's an interesting one and like I said, can be done VERY easily, electronically speaking, however I don't want to join in until someone can actually quote some relevant law or info from a credible source to me, not just jump up and down, screaming that it's illegal because of a reason that seems to make sense in their head.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                              Working...
                              X