Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage of Airsoft Riles

Guys,

New at buying/selling online - like on the classifieds here.

If I sell, can I post using Parcelforce/Citywide etc?

When I read their sites, it says replica guns etc not to be shipped through them, but then in my question, how do you do it?

Cheers,

C

Re: Postage of Airsoft Riles

lol airsoft riles, pretty sure you can send it via ups.

Comment

same here please id also love an answer

Comment

I use parcelforce regularly. Never had a problem. Just make sure it's packaged securely.

Comment

Use, parcel2go
          Much cheaper than going to the counter, and they will come to pick it up as well
          sigpic

Comment

I use Parcel Monkey, they are cheap and collect from your house. Last gun i sent went from my house in Norfolk to bonnie scotland in less than a day!! Just make sure you dont tell them its a gun. Most carriers wont pay insurance for a gun if the item is lost, so we are pretty much sending at our own risks. Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

make sure the package is well wrapped up and wont rip to show the item and they will never know what is in the package. i had a AAR85 sent to me with only bubble wrap around the box so the picture of it was clearly visable to anyone looking at it and that turned up no trouble cant remember who it came by though

Comment

I use paisley freight as they pick up from me at work and deliver next day
                Fully tracked. I ensure i box well and then give the black sack a generous covering in brown packing tape to stop prying eyes from ripping the bag or paper
                But on the same note I have received an ak47 wrapped in a black bag and taped up in parcel tape and it clearly looked rifle like.
                This is my rifle, this is my gun.
                This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dedalus1919 View Post
                  I use Parcel Monkey, they are cheap and collect from your house. Last gun i sent went from my house in Norfolk to bonnie scotland in less than a day!! Just make sure you dont tell them its a gun. Most carriers wont pay insurance for a gun if the item is lost, so we are pretty much sending at our own risks. Correct me if im wrong.
                  I always declare it as Airsoft parts on the form when booking
                  This is my rifle, this is my gun.
                  This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydash View Post
                    I use paisley freight as they pick up from me at work and deliver next day
                    Fully tracked. I ensure i box well and then give the black sack a generous covering in brown packing tape to stop prying eyes from ripping the bag or paper
                    But on the same note I have received an ak47 wrapped in a black bag and taped up in parcel tape and it clearly looked rifle like.
                    paisley freight are a pretty good service ive used them for car audio and alloys before and cant fault them. lets face it like most low paid jobs half the staff wont care much about what gets posted as long as it doesnt cause them any hassle.

Comment

Parcel force will not cover a RIF if it gets lost. Nor will most couriers. A RIF is specifically against their rules of carriage.

Royal Mail have to accept air guns under their Royal Charter, though they do not want people to know that.

Postcomm, the independent regulator for postal services, announced on 30 June 2005 its decision not to allow Royal Mail to prohibit the transport of firearms in the post. Airsoft guns are Imitation Firearms or Realistic Imitation Firearms so they full under this description.

People will say they have had good experiences with a b and c but truthfully Royal Mail is pretty much the only legit way to go at the moment. Unless someone can find another courier than does not prohibit them.

Comment

UPS or DHL have a RIF declaration form. I think it's UPS but it could be DHL. You can book them through parcel2go and parcelmonkey and what not.

Comment

I always use UPS via the interparcel broker website £8.37 uk mainland, you can pay more to extend the insurance but ive never bothered

Comment

Im a team leader at UPS nottingham. Like said above, make sure well covered and wrapped.
                            Once i actually seen a airsoft box, wrapped poorly came open and a mp5k was in the box, then it had to be reported even though i knew what it was. (every box that has got to be re-wrapped by us because of piss poor packaging has by law got to be reported for obvious reasons)
                            Cheers.
                            "Hell i like you, you can come round and F*** my sister"

Comment

i have to send i gun i recently sold

what should i call it for the insurance?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X