Suppressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suppressors

Its mainly air pressure that escapes (which makes sound) but it could be with the seals or something like that that is afecting it
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

The silencer/suppressor on my Ca mp5 SD kind of works, It has foam inserts so it will soak up some sound. It emits a dull thud that is harder to hear if you are on the receiving end. If you remove the suppressor then it is just the average crappy noise you get from all aeg's

So if you buy a silencer/suppressor that doesn't have foam inserts then it wont make any real difference imo.

They are mostly their for looks anyway.

Comment

the silencer for my G&G ump 45 works great, makes it almost silent. Playing with the motor helps make a gun quieter due to a lot of the coming from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
          Do they actually work at all on aegs or gbbs
          or are they purely for show or for concealing longer inner barrels
          Ive got a suppressor on one of my Vz61 AEPs and it does supress the sound of the pistol firing fairly well but only from about 10m+ away (sometimes less depending on whats between you and the gun i.e foilage) I dont think they work to well with full sized AEG's

Comment

The supressor that came on my g36 makes quite a difference. I would make a video but my camera has gone walkabouts...
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Element full length one will change the sound you hear a bit, but won't silence it. They're quite nice looking and cheap too

Comment

I have a fake Gemtech Halo and the only tthing discernable is a change on pitch.
                Before and after installing it, both my G&P's shoot at 79db
                My youtube channel

Comment

I've found they don't so much silence but do dampen the pop you get from the end of the barrel. On most noisy guns it wont make a massive difference. But something like TM M14 witch has a very quite box, the combination can make it very difficult to pin point single shots.

Also they work pretty well at damping the pop again from gas sniper rifles.
                  "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                  Life in the fast lane........
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X