Aeg limits 370fps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeg limits 370fps?

Been reading on other forums that sone sites have raised the fps up to 370fps. Anyone heard anything similar? It would mean i dont have to downgrade my ak which would be nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Aeg limits 370fps?

depends on your site, thats just the legal limit i think

Comment

You might have been reading other forums, but a BRIEF scan of the top 4 threads in this one would have given you your answers...

Comment

It's not the legal limit. There is no legal limit.

The 370 (ish) for full auto was established recently by a 'Police Lab' and issued as a guideline. Like the Home Office guidlines, it has not been passed into Law.

That said, if you find yourself in court, you could invoke the findings and have a damn good chance of convincing a magistrate that your AEG was within limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          It's not the legal limit. There is no legal limit.

That said, if you find yourself in court, you could invoke the findings and have a damn good chance of convincing a magistrate that your AEG was within limits.
          what you talking bout willis

so you said theirs no such thing as a legal limit? then you talk about being within in the 'limits'

im confused, so i can have a gun at any fps on full auto?

Comment

Its basically site specific i think. I just thought if the guidelines had been changed my sites might follow suit. Cheets BEN for the total non productive comment. Awesome. No wonder noobs dont want to speak up on here.
            Anyway my sites tend to stick to 350 on full auto. The guidelines are set by the fuzz. Something to do with lethality...as far as i can tell.

Comment

Basically, in the UK, and woodland and sites which arent CQB, the "limit" for which you are allowed to use is around 350fps, if you lock your gun to semi, some sites will allow you up to 400-450fps but not all.

Comment

Fair one; I meant 'within police guidelines'.

Comment

OK, but keep in mind, the police guidelines dont matter when your playing at a site, you have to play by their fps limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
                    Its basically site specific i think. I just thought if the guidelines had been changed my sites might follow suit. Cheets BEN for the total non productive comment. Awesome. No wonder noobs dont want to speak up on here.
                    Anyway my sites tend to stick to 350 on full auto. The guidelines are set by the fuzz. Something to do with lethality...as far as i can tell.

Sorry don't mean to be non-productive, but there are 2 threads on here about the subject... It's only fair to do a little work yourself before expecting everyone to jump to your aid.

Comment

Wow, how are so many people getting this wrong?

1.3J is the recommended limit, which is about 374-375 with .20 bb's for a full auto AEG. This was recommended by the Association of Chief Police Officers (http://www.acpo.police.uk/).

It is not legally binding and has no legal standing at present. The tests performed, while questionable in some regards have laid out a framework that could easily be used in a court case or as guidelines for Parliament.

The point at which the tests began to cause concern regarding lethality was 1.5J or around 400-403 fps.

1.5J is the point where you need to be concerned.

Sites can still set what ever limits they want as none of this is legally binding or Law. However common sense dictates keeping to the recommended limits would be a good idea all round.

Sticking to 1.3J or under would put a user in a far more safe place than over 1.5J and being 1J or less pretty much makes you safe as can be.

Comment

Close action Airsoft run at 370fps limit at the there woodland sites...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kingluke23 Goddam ladyboys Find out more about Kingluke23
                        Working...
                        X