Building a gun rack/wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a gun rack/wall.

Hello everyone, I think it is time that I go about setting up a gun wall as they are filling up the house. At the moment I have a VSR and an AK but am getting a Pistol and a AKs74u shortly. Therefore I would like the wall to hold around 4 rifles and 2 pistols. The space it is going on is not very large, about 1.5m wide ish and same for length.

I wanted to ask, especially directed to people who have already built a gun wall, how you go about it? The only way I can think of doing one would be like a tool rack.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: Building a gun rack/wall.

Also interested in this aswell Yeah also thought of the same regarding the tool rack, but can't really find any to suit the purpose of holding rifles well..

Comment

try slatwall or similar
      "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Try getting some cheap pegboard somewhere like the bay or somewhere else, cut it to what size you want, mount it on the wall, get the pegs for the board and just mount your guns on it :D

Comment

I done this a few weeks ago with measurements pretty much the same. I have 2 x pistols, an MP5, a CXP and a shotgun. They all fit well and I also made bits to hold my silencer/tracer, face mask, mags and pistol bag. Looks really cool and even the wife said " it does actually look very well " !!! I used a piece of backing board from my local B&Q, painted it with dark grey gloss spray paint, screwed it directly onto the wall and then used long screws covered with a length of hollow clear plastic pipe ( also from B&Q rope section ) and it really does look very cool. My guns are all metal and it holds even the CXP with absolute ease. I will try and get a few pictures of it tomorrow or maybe even a video but the lighting in my hall is very poor so it might not be clear.
          MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

I tried to find peg board everywhere but I couldn't find it and when I searched it on google it was two hundred pound for the metal version or a wood version that was two small.

Comment

Be honest, what do you think ?

Comment

That is great, awesome job! I assume the pegs aren't changeable, are they? I would prefer it if they could be changeable so not sure how to go about that...
                "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

You just need more guns lol.

Comment

Pegs are just big screws, they are the most changeable that you can get, screw them out and move them to where you want and scew them in again. I have swapped guns and pegs lots of times, the way the wood is, you just push the hole and it fills up again. There is at least 20 holes not in use on this board and you cant see one.
                    I need more guns, your right but not sure what to go for next

Comment

i've just (sort of) finished this. glass doors on the next one i think!

Comment

ah, lack of a picture. what did i do wrong?

Comment

Eh ?!

Comment

finally worked out how to add the piccy!

Comment

Wow ! What do you possibly do with that many guns or is that the family armoury ?
                              Looks great :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
                              Working...
                              X