Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

People who post sales threads then disappear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who post sales threads then disappear!

Is it just me that gets hacked off with people who post sales threads then disappear for days so you carnt buy the stuff there selling or get any replies to questions? I've contacted people 1 min after posting then waited days for a reply because they havent been online. Is there any thing in the rules that says they have to stay on line for at lest 5 mins after posting? If not there should be.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Re: People who post sales threads then disappear!

There isn't anything in the rules as far as I know.

I understand where you're coming from, I've had that in the past with a number of deals, which fell through because basically I had said "sorry it's taken so long for you to reply, I've bought something else now".

Introducing the rule is a nice idea, however, I can't see how it would be enforced. People can choose to ignore your PM's as well.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

yeah i agree it gets frustrating, in general that's just way the way being a buyer is, like some people might be quickly posting it on a work and then be going out somewhere after.... lol the glass is always half full

Comment

At the end of the day if your buying something and the guy hasn't been on for a week he wont of posted for a week on his sales thread, always check the date of the original post or last bump, don't bother, i don't.

If the guy wants to sell it he will be either checking his boards and bumping, i dont generally look at sales threads over a week as its obvious the person doesn't want to sell the item or is away.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

As a regular trader, be it buying or selling, if i post an item for sale but won't be able to reply for a certain length of time, i add this to the sales thread.

IE -

For Sale - m4
          Blah
          Blah
          Blah
          Please note.
          Am posting this now but will be away for next week. Any enquiries will be answered upon return, and sales will be dealt with in date/time order of PM's/posts.

Its easy to do, takes no time and saves a lot of hassle.
          Simples.
          Ratty
          Last edited by ratty1968; 24 September, 2009, 12:07. Reason: Stupidity can never be ruled out.....
          Trader Feedback.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Think we all know your a good seller ratty and think of the buyer. If only others could follow you suit. On another note, smoke cloak just been tested at work, filled the entire building in 10 seconds, carnt see a thing, if only I could get the liquid and heating element in to a grenade!

Comment

On the other hand, Ive had a fair few people on here who seem to worry that Im dead of a heart attack if I dont PM BACK IMMEDIATELY!!! It is incredibly annoying to come back an hour later and have three pms asking me what my reply is, starting out hyperactive and worried and often going through to abusive...

Comment

No need for anyone to ever be abusive. I would just like a reply within 24hrs or so, not 3 days and still waiting (they have not been online since posing their sales thread).

Comment

You should take it as a sign and take note.

If they cannot be bothered to check the thread, they'll probably have the same atttitude with a poor desciption, slow posting and bad packaging.

Comment

yeh on this note, as someone who has sold on here but not bought, if the sales post says...... for example
                    we 4.3 looking for 60 pounds, good condition no swaps.

then i will ignore a PM that says
                    "how much is the gun, is it gas, how about 30 pounds and you throw some gas in"
                    and the above is not a rare occuranc
                    on a similar note people who pm on a thursday afternoon saying yeh ill take the vest but i need it for tomorrow and then are astonished that postage next day actually costs money

Comment

also new sellers who come on here to rip people off....sell the item and dont send it...then wait 2+ weeks wait payapl wait to get money back.....when thy ask for payment and ask it to be sent as a gift time to smell a rat !
                      Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Originally posted by cazz669 View Post
                        yeh on this note, as someone who has sold on here but not bought, if the sales post says...... for example
                        we 4.3 looking for 60 pounds, good condition no swaps.

then i will ignore a PM that says
                        "how much is the gun, is it gas, how about 30 pounds and you throw some gas in"
                        and the above is not a rare occuranc
                        on a similar note people who pm on a thursday afternoon saying yeh ill take the vest but i need it for tomorrow and then are astonished that postage next day actually costs money
                        I gotta say, although this mostly happens through ignorance, it is what vexes me most about online trades. I had a systema M16A2 up for sale a while back, beautiful kit, worth clear of a grand, and i got three offers which i will quote

'Hi i like your m16 will you take a warrior l96 with two mags for it' Then twenty mins later
                        'ok not worth the l96 how boutz an mp5 with two mags?'

Didnt bother to answer either

Followed soon after with a comment on the thread by a forum member I wont reveal

'Stop trying to scam people, its just an M16 not worth that much. (I was asking around the £600 mark). You could ask for maybe £200 for it, work out the value before you try and sell something and dont try and scam people on here'

I did reply to that! :P

But still..... ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simon Find out more about simon
                        Working...
                        X