Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT help/ future airsoft.

Hi there, it has been a while but please bear with me,

For the next section of my Design technology I have to think of a new design which will be innovative and will be something that has high demand. They advised we do something that interests us so I instantly thought of airsoft. So I am asking the great zeroin community, if there could be anything manufactured to do with airsoft, what would you want. Maybe a new gearbox design? Hop up etc. I don't have to manufacture it but have to design it. So it could literally be anything and/or rather complicated. I was looking at the new HPA hybrid gearbox that a fellow airsofter was making and was wondering if this could be looked at?

Thanks for any help, really appreciate it!

Re: DT help/ future airsoft.

What about a new gun? Try something that hasn't been done before, like perhaps an AA-12 or some kind of funky bullpup design that requires the redesgin of a gearbox. If you're really stuck, you could just create a new gun externally and drop in normal gearbox internals.

Comment

That seems a good idea... Wouldn't making a model be kinda hard though?
      Last edited by Christo; 28 October, 2011, 20:04. Reason: Adding bit more info.
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
        What about a new gun? Try something that hasn't been done before, like perhaps an AA-12 or some kind of funky bullpup design that requires the redesgin of a gearbox. If you're really stuck, you could just create a new gun externally and drop in normal gearbox internals.
        Never thought of that... An AA12 would see plenty of demand... What would people want from it, 5 rounds/ shot? I assume automatic.../shell ejecting or just bbs from the magazine? Maybe I could look into making an airsoft gun such as the AA12 with multiple barrels to make the multi shot effect while keeping accuracy and hop up. I will have to see what i could do about making a model...

Deffinate possibility,

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but being an finished A-level student of Product design keep its simple-expand different idea- aim for a partly complex one, dont do airsoft.
          http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

Comment

Originally posted by born2die View Post
            Not to rain on your parade but being an finished A-level student of Product design keep its simple-expand different idea- aim for a partly complex one, dont do airsoft.
            I thought that something like a gun would be too complex, but i was told it would be okay. There are other options obviously, but if it was something to do with airsoft I would be much more interested in it lol

Comment

A general rule of thumb for all creative arts/design type courses is to keep things doable. Under promise and over deliver is what my Visual Design lecturer says.

An AA12 would be cool though.

A
              For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
              Check out my other sales!

Comment

What do people think of a purpose built gun rack? It might be something like a 1x1m wooden or metal structure with the availability of locking the exact same rack on top of it. The shelves and/or roof will be interchangeable or just be able to be removed to allow long rifles if needed or there could be a whole different one which is bigger?

Or, have one large rack unit like a 1.5m tall rack with a compartment at the top for Pistols and accessories but it will also have a feature where you can pour BB's into a container and you can either pull out the container to access all the BB's or have a type of tap or flap to allow you to fill up high caps or speed loaders etc, they could be in different sizes e.g. Biggest is for .2 or .25g and then a few small ones for heavy BB's.

This has been the best idea so far in terms of do ability and I have noticed with the other threads, racks and walls are in demand. What do people think? Would you prefer it to be wood or metal?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Now sure how this would suit but....

An idea of mine which is fairly simple:

BFG type devise, which is much quicker/easier to prime and reload. Along the lines of a revolver system, and primed via pulling a leaver?

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    Now sure how this would suit but....

An idea of mine which is fairly simple:

BFG type devise, which is much quicker/easier to prime and reload. Along the lines of a revolver system, and primed via pulling a leaver?
                    While ideas like this would be suited to what I want, my very small knowledge on BFG's will make this a very hard idea to choose. If I have used BFG's before and understand the ins and outs of them, then maybe but I think it isn't quite suited to me personally.

Comment

Dont do airsoft my bud , im in level three manufacturing engeering and im doing the same for my project
                      Ive came up with ideas for interchangable length ris rails and barrels , diffent stocks and gearboxs. We are expected to either make either a model or working model of our final design. However its a no go as my college classes anything to do with an airsoft gun a .... Gun or part . So after a couple weeks work i had to restart over with another design .
                      So best idea is first ask your tutor if you actually allowed to do it then go for someting like a stronger gear box

Comment

Originally posted by fucoffee View Post
                        Dont do airsoft my bud , im in level three manufacturing engeering and im doing the same for my project
                        Ive came up with ideas for interchangable length ris rails and barrels , diffent stocks and gearboxs. We are expected to either make either a model or working model of our final design. However its a no go as my college classes anything to do with an airsoft gun a .... Gun or part . So after a couple weeks work i had to restart over with another design .
                        So best idea is first ask your tutor if you actually allowed to do it then go for someting like a stronger gear box
                        hmm, this is what I thought might be the case for something like a whole new gun. I assume a new gearbox would be fine so would a gun rack, which I am now thinking is a very strong possibility as I have many ideas in my head...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
                        Working...
                        X