Airsoft upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft upgrading

Hey guys, just a bit curious here, how many people would pay to have a dedicated upgrade business available solely to repair/ upgrade (in terms of high speed or high fps set ups) to their aeg's? I understand a lot of people like to do this themselves, such as I do, however I hear a lot of players simply chucking their aeg in the bin if it stops working, or buying a brand new one if they desire higher performance. I do see many major airsoft retailers offering these services however from my early years airsofting I encountered poor gun smithery and rip off prices for labour. What do you guys think?
    www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Re: Airsoft upgrading

I know theres a guy that does it near me so must be some business in it

Comment

I know a lot of guys who do it on the side. I also have a mate that works for an airsoft store fixing AEGs as his part time job whilst he is at uni. Not sure there is enough demand to give you a income you can live of on its own. Might be a good thing for some spare cash. I got a friend who does it on the side. His main job is as a DT teacher but he makes a couple hundred or so a month extra doing little repair jobs now and again.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Agreed
        Brilliant idea but who would do it?
        Midas does upgrading but I don't know how much he does it for
        And other people like tac
        Are you trying say that we just get one man that we call the repairman

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
        I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

I upgrade/fix mine and my mates guns for free/beer/whatever. It's a learning curve for me and it helps out my mates so they don't have to spend £40/hr or however much it'll cost for someone else to do the same thing I can.

The only thing I ask is that they're patient and that they pay for parts unless I have them laying around. Sometimes the last thing I wanna be doing, is spending a few hours stripping/cleaning/fixing/rebuilding an AEG after a crap day at work.
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't think there is as each site seems to have atleast one person who does it all, at mine he charges £25 plus parts so it's really cheap.

Comment

plenty of work out there for a good gun tech ... probly wont make enough money to live off doing it but can certainly make a nice bit of cash on the side of your day job. do my own stuff now as have seen the worksmanship of some of the airsoft retailers and have never been that impressed.

Comment

I am a full time tech so I think I should comment.

There is an immensity of work available for good techs the issue is that there are ten times as many bad techs and 100 times as many idiots giving bad advice. Most players who know a little about the technical side of Airsoft may come to you for advice and perhaps the odd bit of work. And those guys are easy to deal with, Unfortunately 80% of customers will come to you mis-informed with unrealistic requests with expectations born from some 14 year old on you tube.

Most of my work is repairs and servicing, it's not as exciting as building hi-speed screamers or assembly precision DMR's but it pays the bills. I spend most of my time emailing mums trying to explain how jimmy broke his gun again or extolling the virtue's of a £12 unknown brand piston over the £50 Systema crap that their mate dripping in Chinese Multicam says is the bestest ever!

I am fortunate that I tech for a game site and two retailers so I,m keeping my head above water. There are well known techies on here who have other strings to their bows to keep the rent paid, and others around the country who do enough to make a reasonable living.

If you want to have a go then don't let anything get in your way but think about it seriously before you do anything life changing. There may well be hundreds of people who each week who decide they want to pay someone to work on there guns but it's not easy to get them to give their money to one person over another.

Good luck.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

josh426 Check out my airsoft channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AccessAirsoft Find out more about josh426
                Working...
                X