Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAMAS advice

Looking to get a FAMAS. Again.

My first ever proper AEG was a Marui Famas bought on ebay (a good few years ago when you could buy airsoft on there)

It was a plasticky thing and I must admit I couldnt wait to get into the metal realism of the M4 rifle types etc. I sold it a few years back.

I was wondering if the ACM one was a less creaky affair? I see they are pretty cheap to buy anyway online...

Anyone have any experience with using the FAMAS as a regular shooter? Keen to also hear what the closest model is realism-wise. The platicyness of the Marui still haunts me and I don't particularly want to go back there regardlesss of its reliability and performance out the box.

Re: FAMAS advice

I used to own a TM FAMAS, and recently my friend bought the ACM one hoping that it would be miles better. It wasn't :p
    The plastic is *slightly* less creaky, but isn't particularly nice looking. As old as the TM Plastic is, I still think it is better than the Chinese ABS on the ACM one. The ACm to me was just as 'plasticy'. The ACM I used also seemed to have a lowered rate of fire on an 8.4, more like 750-800 RPM compared to the TM's 900-1000. The Hop Up was ok, but the TM is still superior in my view. Pretty much, It's an ok gun, just not much of an improvement over the TM. Actually I'd much rather have the TM as they seem to last forever. That's just me view from experience anyway.

Comment

Ah thank you. Thats helpful.

There was a random rare make of FAMAS that appeared on the Classifieds section 6 months ago - everyone was fighting over it and it sold in a few mins - I have no idea what make it was but obviously sounded nice. Any ideas what other manufacturers were out there that did it?

Comment

The ACM FAMAS is garbage. Stick to the TM. To be honest I don't have much problems with the creakiness but if it really bothers you you can line the inside with masking tape.
        Last edited by Kensai; 29 October, 2011, 10:08. Reason: typo
        For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
        Check out my other sales!

Comment

there was a brand called jing peng or something that made a metal famas i think there was a lot out lastyear dont know if they got discontinued
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQSmT9wXPc
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm3oD...eature=related
          Last edited by jssmitty96; 29 October, 2011, 10:18. Reason: added links

Comment

Now that would be good - say with the Marui internals (it it is a clone)

Comment

added links to the above post ^^

Comment

i think thats the one!

Now to find one. Should be a good experiment.

Comment

Nooooo! The JP is the ACM from what I can tell. And it is certainly not metal . The person I referred to in my last post bought his one under the name of JP, and it was 100% plastic externally. I don't know if it was sold wrongly but I have never seen or heard of a metal FAMAS AEG.

Comment

no the jp is a totally different gun and is is full metal

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                      no the jp is a totally different gun and is is full metal
                      Do you own one?

EDIT: Sorry I'm being so cynical I just don't think that a metal FAMAS exists. I need some evidence.

Comment

someone at my site had one and if you watch the review i posted above is says its full metal also i remember looking at the two tone ones when i wanted a cheap famas to just paint and it was metal action hobbies used to sell the same one in rif form

Comment

I'm only doubting it because a lot of people advertise these things as 'full metal', but the only reviews I can find don't clearly state that it is.

Comment

Crikey. What have I done :D

Well hopefully someone on here may actually own one and can speak up... lol

A full metal one would be the dogs though.

Comment

Aren't Jing Peng aegs supposed to be abominations?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                              Working...
                              X