New SVD on the market??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SVD on the market??

While browsing various online stores, i noticed on one of these sites, ARES have just produced a springer, SVD-S.

In the future i'd like to buy some form of svd (i like my ak's svds ect...) and was getting set on an A&K (ASG whichever you prefer to call it) springer, due to the simplicity, price, stealth capability, out the box performance and ease of upgradability. The only complaint i heard about this rifle, was the powerful spring which made it difficult to cock.

I cant find any reviews on this new model anywhere, but from what i can see, the differences of the two, are that the ARES has a folding stock, a hop system which is far easier to adjust (wheel type), and it comes with two springs. One which gives around 310 fps and the other gives around 400. It also comes with a 200rnd high cap. Sigh.

The other thing i can't decide on, is which one looks better. I Quite like the look of the folding stock, gives the svd a modern take (i like my modernised russian guns :P ), however i do like the original SVD also.

If anybody knows anything more on this rifle it would be lovley to know
    I also would like to know what you guys think of it, im unsure as i have heard good and bad things about ARES.

About the Author

Collapse

ChuckNorris56 Find out more about ChuckNorris56
Working...
X