British Army smoke grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army smoke grenades

Supposing someone left the army and a few months after leaving they found a couple of unused Army smoke grenades in their old kit as they were having a clear out. Would these be welcome for use at an airsoft site? Is it legal to have them? I'm sure I've seen some for sale on the internet.

Re: British Army smoke grenades

I've seen MOD smoke grenades used at a woodland site... Unless thats actually illegal, in which case I havn't. They were approved by marshals before use though, so I'd consider that to be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
      Supposing someone left the army and a few months after leaving they found a couple of unused Army smoke grenades in their old kit as they were having a clear out.
      Their first action should be to hand them in to RMP, MoD Plod or CivCop.

Comment

Technically they are still the property of the MOD, also depends on what type of smoke they are. If standard what the hell just don't throw them in to anything that could catch fire. If they're white phosphorus hand them in!
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

arnt they and lifeboat smokes suppose to be carcinogenic? to some extent

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

afaik military grade smokes are usualy carcinogenic (all the fun things are) so personally I wouldn't use them at an airsoft site and would hand them in to aformentioned mod police. Not to mention they burn a lot hotter than airsoft smokes, so the risk of fire i significantly increased.

Short version? Would be cool, but no

Comment

I may or may not have seen someone using something similar on site, bright billowing orange signal smoke grenade things.

It may have looked really awesome, really thick smoke and advancing through it might have been quite cool, like something out of a war film.

Sadly the smoke wasnt orange flavoured.

Marshalls were fine with it, didnt burn the woods down and nobody died.

Unless of course theyre illegal in which case I saw nothing and nothing of the sort happened.

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                arnt they and lifeboat smokes suppose to be carcinogenic? to some extent
                I'm sorry but according to health and safety isnt everything carcinogenic nowadays or in someway going to kill us. going out side, breathing too much, eating too much asparagus etc etc. I really wouldnt worry to much tbh.
                sigpic
                BlackWing Mercenaries
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

"I must remind you that it is a Military and Civil offence to leave this Range/Training area with any Live Rounds, Blank Rounds, Empty cases, Mis-fires, Pyrotechnics or parts thereof. When you are passed give the Declaration of I have no live/blank/empty/Mis-fires/Pyro & parts thereof in your possesion, Sir!"

"If when you get back and you discover any hand them in to an NCO and nothing else MAY be said"

Comment

Oh pfft come on, everyone needs to lighten up and stop pretending that theyre whiter than white and theyve never done something they shouldnt have or never thought "hey thats cool, I wonder if I can pilfer it". Im sure its not going to be the end of the world if someone accidentally forgets to turn in some smokes and pops them off at a skirmish instead of handing them in.

I dont know a single person in the military who doesnt nick cool stuff from their ship/base on a regular basis. Its a perk of the job. Next youll be telling me people shouldnt be allowed to bring AK's home from Iraq and that your great grandfather should be thrown in prison for bringing home a luger from Germany all those years ago.

Comment

Nice guy Andy has said the right thing but most people would do what Tiercel would of said so, If i had Them I would use them in an urban game but not woodland because the burn hot.

Comment

This time of year you dont really need to worry about any hot-burn pyros setting the woods ablaze really, Im pretty sure nothing short of a napalm strike would set wet, grey, miserable british winter woodland on fire :P

Comment

My mate who's a sapper brought one when we were camping, it was fantastic at killing midgies.
                          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Im not saying, Ive not seen it, but the Military are cracking down on those who think about having a few buckshee rounds etc.

However, it is as I stated earlier, illegal and probably not a good idea mention anymore on the matter perhaps?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
                            Working...
                            X