Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co2 pistols

hi

this may be a silly question but are we able to use co2 pistols on the skirmish feild.
    also are their any issues problems or any benifits to the normal gas pistols.
    whats their limitations.

thankyou for your help and assistance.

Re: co2 pistols

some sites allow CO2 but some don't as the fps can vary too much and you could shoot someone with a 500 fps pistol point blank, not a nice result and I have seen it happen

Comment

Depends on the site (assuming you mean 6mm and not 4.5mm).

Some sites don't care as long as they pass a chrono check, some ban all CO2 weapons regardless of fps and some take them on merit.

They need a little more TLC as CO2 is dry and doesn't have any lube in it, but other than that the main issue is power. To give you an example, my old G&G 45 xtreme was shooting at around 500fps even after being left in the snow for half an hour and that wouldn't have been allowed at any site I know. Some will fire between 350 and 425 so should be OK with a lot of sites as semi auto only weapons, but with an MED of 25-30m that makes for a pretty useless pistol in most cases.

Some, if you shop around and do plenty of research, do shoot below 350fps and would be site friendly even at close range. The first thing to do would be to check if your regular sites will allow them.
      sigpic

Comment

ok thankyou very much ,..i thought very simular but this confirms it,THANKYOU.

Comment

As to benefits - They're less affected by cold weather than other gas pistols.

Comment

I think there is only 1 co 2 pistol running lower than 330.
            Ksc GLOCK with ra tech co2 magazine
            sigpic

Comment

My local site allows 500fps for semi auto with a 10 minimum engagement distance so they'd work fine there but at most sites with lower fps limits and greater engagement distances they'd be less efective.
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

my kwc runs at about 340 and I have a dan wesson in for modding that should run sub 350.

Comment

May I ask how exactly you got you Dan wesson to shoot that low?

Comment

If i am not mistaken WE have a few pistols that have co2 mags available for them and have been regulared at 320fps which would be site friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Orion1 View Post
                      May I ask how exactly you got you Dan wesson to shoot that low?
                      Could be one of the APS ones as they're supposed to be site friendly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                        They need a little more TLC as CO2 is dry and doesn't have any lube in it
                        'Proper' CO2 pistol bulbs (such as the Crosman ones) will always have lube in them. If you are using Sodastream as your supplier, they won't.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                        TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

have seen a few ways, the way that I am having done is to modify the shells, I can't mention who does it because its a retailer unfortunatly, but they seal the shells with liquid steel and redrill to a smaller hole reducing the co2 available to power each bb.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

homer-side Find out more about homer-side
                          Working...
                          X