Collapse

What Do you look for in a Airsoft Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do you look for in a Airsoft Site?

Im interested to find out what the most common traits that the players look for in their airsoft sites.

I really don't want this to turn in to a a spam thread so can we try and keep it to a format.

For example

Likes xyz for this reason
    Not a fan of xyz for this reason.

Re: What Do you look for in a Airsoft Site?

to be honest, i chose the site i play at (well sites but run by the same people) due to the club feeling that exists there

it feels like a big family and when we have hires and new players they sense it too and everybody gets along

you often find players helping with cooking, marshelling, gate duties etc etc etc

also... very unique sites, one being the old earth centre in doncaster, and the other a really dense forest on one of the higest points in yorkshire..

hope that helped give an insight into why.

EDIT : oh and its Cerberus Airsoft im refering to - and also the site is run by an insane ex engineer - that enjoys norhing more than driving his landy round at 1000 mph and throwing grenades out the windows and blowing stuff up to scare the crap out of people
    Last edited by shadowcaptain; 25 September, 2009, 01:35. Reason: forgot to mention site name
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Any sites good for me aslong as i have fun there. also depends on the players mentalitys towards the rules, i.e. taking hits i personaly like Herts decent site constant action and good staff :D
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 25 September, 2009, 09:14. Reason: inflamatory
      Custom M4
      TM 1911

Comment

our site is by the sounds of it a lot like what shadowcaptain was saying everybody knows everyone and we all get along theres a few bad apples but i guess that you will find that anywhere .
        as far as what i look for it goes without saying a site needs to be organized as theres nothing like expecting to play at such a time and having to wait.
        but i think the main thing is the players there. if they are non hit takers then it ruins it doesnt it.
        Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

i suppose shadowcaptain's hit the nail on the head right to begin with. the friendly atmosphere, sportsmanship and professionalism is definately most important.

but to be awkward, i'll be honest and say i often superficially look for a site with a variety of arenas. i'm talking about well built and nicely maintained structures that offer realism and good gaming. i like the use of trucks, cars, ammo dumps - whatever. i also like a convenient site that's easy to get to and to get around, with nice facilities and food.

here in hong kong i can't say i'm a fan of anything with tyres. it's fricking hot, but at a site here they even have this giant pile of asphalt/roofing felt stuff, and any kind of black rubber is nasty when it gets hot.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Sites I like have decent play, so games that vary each week over the usual attack defend. Also need to be well thought out. If building an inpentrable fortress, then the attacking team need cover to get close to it etc.

Persoanally I'm against unlimited lives for attackers, maybe 5 and 1 for defenders. Keeping game fluid too is worth a lot, not back to safe zone every game! Litte gestures go a long way too. Medic games should have medic badges, a fake bomb for bomb game, LED timer on bomb for attack/defend.

Head down to EAG Worthing if you can, in terms of site and way it is run, I've yet to find somewhere better!

Comment

So far I like what your saying should of really put at the begging as well what kind of scenarios aswell, whether attack and defend, long/short games etc

Thanks

Comment

location, I work nights and weekends so I go to a site 20mins from me as I am well and truly shattard by 4.00pm and couldn't face a long journey, I would like to do the Mall ( a big Dawn of the Dead fan) however the woodland site I go to is quite good.

Comment

commitment and dedication by the owner and the staff.

Comment

A nice feeling, structured, good people etc (the usual)...

I'm quite a die hard sniper (I only use a sniper rifle now), so I like open spaces, paths etc but with cover for me to set up in...

I hate extremely build up areas where my rifles becomes almost useless.

Also, I would love to play at a huge urban area (where I could take shots at CQB players from roof tops, haha).
                    Trader Feedback:
                    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Being a relative newcomer to the sport i personally like to see

Good organisation, there is nothing worse than Marshals not knowing what is going on and what they are doing Having scenarios to carry out and objectives makes for a exciting and fun day, much better than standing around and not knowing what is going on :eek::eek:

Half decent facilities, a toilet and food would be great :D:D A lot of shops are now selling pyro,ammo and stuff like that and some even have there own shop for weapons,upgrades etc etc

Decent site, all sites are different i know this but it has to be interesting, having a few tress to hide in gets boring but the use of bases,vehicles,bunkers,trenches etc all makes for a much more interesting game, both tactically,mentally and physically :D:D

Players, as pointed out so many times before by others nothing spoils a skirmish more than the odd player who thinks they do not have to take a hit it annoys everyone even to the point where i have watched a player get hit over and over agin but not declare it, in the end he was shot at by his own players !!!!!!! We all get hit no matter how good you are so just take it, pay the penalty and get back to enjoying the game Learn from your mistakes it will only make you a better player and respected by your team mates.

Last but not least THE PLAYERS, all sites want decent people who will play by the rules, give there best and enjoy the sport, its nice to see the long time guy helping the younger( and older ) newbies to the sport. We all have to start somewhere and everybody knows something . You can learn so much from other players no matter what there ages they all have some sort of wisdom be it tactics, weapon skills/mods or load outs.

Thats my 2p's worth anyway :D

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

Originally posted by stealthy View Post
                        Players, as pointed out so many times before by others nothing spoils a skirmish more than the odd player who thinks they do not have to take a hit
                        And that is why The Good Lord invented fully automatic fire.
                        On a more serious note, good marshalling really helps a site. Especially with regards to fps limits. Nothing annoys me more than somebody gaining an unfair advantage over other players by breaking the site fps rules (Don't tell me fps isn't everything, I know this, but what happens when somebody has put a TBB and good hop up in, and then pushed up the fps...).

Comment

not having to walk miles to the site from the carpark with all my kit, a safezone that has enough room including tables n seats
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

amandla that is a pet hate nothings worse than a hot gun, ive seen people using 450fps plus at herts its just not fair and more painfull.
                            Custom M4
                            TM 1911

Comment

The main thing I look for in a site is that it's well run and well staffed.
                              I've played at some good sites and had my days ruined by them having 2-3 marshals for over 100 players which lead to wide spread cheating.
                              I also like to see a site which insures there's a good mix of regulars and new players when they split the teams in the morning. There's nothing worse than playing a site for the first time and finding out everyone else on your team is in the same boat and no one knows where they're supposed to be going.
                              I've also found that it encourages a friendly atmosphere.

After that all I look for is an urban/CQB site as I've pretty much always played at urban/CQB or mixed woodland & CQB so my kit is better suited to that style of play and I feel more at home clearing rooms and charging down corridors that I do holding a bunker and setting an ambush.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alfer Find out more about Alfer
                              Working...
                              X