Airsofting in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsofting in Japan

I'm going to Japan to work in a year and a half (April 2013) and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the airsoft scene in Japan? I know it is legal there, but I know nothing about specifics regarding legality except they apparently have a 1J max for AEGs like us (weather it is a mandatory law or just a rule sites abide by I can't ascertain).

I have tried looking online but English language information about airsoft in Japan is pretty scant. I know airsoft started in Japan and that some of the biggest companies are Japanese (such as TM). However someone told me there is a very strong anti-gun culture in Japan and that airsoft in Japan has declined in popularity considerably.

If anyone has any knowledge or information I would appreciate it as I will be over there a long time and would like to continue playing airsoft.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kensai; 6 November, 2011, 14:03. Reason: Typo
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Airsofting in Japan

As far as I'm aware, all guns must be under 1J, and you can't use flammable propellants.

Comment

they frickin love airsoft over in japan, like most things they enjoy they get really into it! just go on youtube lol

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Yeah it's popular over there, but like here in Hong Kong they'll probably refer to it as 'wargame' in English. They're strict on real gun regulations in JP, so airsoft rules might be tight, but people in China, Malaysia and Thailand do it really responsibly and the sport has generally flourished here in Asia.

The biggest problem you're going to have is the language barrier. Unlike Hong Kong, which used to be British, most Japanese people speak very little English, and finding forums and websites with English information will be tough. What I'd recommend is finding a Japanese Facebooker and sending a message. I just googled Japan wargame, found a youtube channel, then looked in the info at the guy's facebook page. His profile pic was of him playing a wargame, so these types of folks might be your best source of info.

When I first arrived in Hong Kong, I looked for wargamers on Facebook, found a complete stranger, asked him if I could tag along to a game, and now I have 50+ buddies that I wargame with regularly. You've gotta put yourself out there a bit and talk to strangers, but it's better than just searching for information yourself. Ask people! That's my advice

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

let me know if you see Maruai man!

but they love it over there as stated above, i believe guns have to be kept at 280 FPS!? thats what all my TM guns have been, but still, its just a guess
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

On youtube their is a guy in the US Marine Core i think called Spartan177GW but i also hear they play alot of CQB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
            Working...
            X