Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsofting in 5-6 years.

Hey lads,

What do you lot think airsofting will be like in 5-6 years?
    Still be around? Orange tips like america? Anything.

My personal view is it'll be alot harder to get guns and less sites.

Strabo.
    Originally posted by Danny_boy85
    People that shout, "you gunna take that you idiot!?" Yes mate, if it hit me i would take it, but due to your lack of accuracy and cock eyed aiming, you missed me by a clear mile so have a shot to the forhead from me for being a grade 1 twat.

Re: Airsofting in 5-6 years.

Meh, i definitly think it'll still be around, but with all the lethality (?) testing i wouldn't be suprised if the fps limits are much stricter.

Comment

Personally I recon the opposite.
      More sites, more variation of rif, more players and more stable hobby. Just look at the changes since 5 years ago. Nothing bad has happened but lots of improvement.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do hope it stays small. If it doubles in size it will get alot more people abusing it. Using the guns out on streets ect. Then they will have to clamp right down on it.

Just my opinion tho.
        Strabo.
        Originally posted by Danny_boy85
        People that shout, "you gunna take that you idiot!?" Yes mate, if it hit me i would take it, but due to your lack of accuracy and cock eyed aiming, you missed me by a clear mile so have a shot to the forhead from me for being a grade 1 twat.

Comment

Must say i agree with toad to be honest. But in all honestly i dont care! Ill still be playing as and when i can whatever happens.
          (assuming it isnt banned completely!)
          sigpic

Comment

It's not the softers that are abusing it! The sport growing will be a good thing for sure. Most airsofters keep there rifles under wraps on the basis that they don't want there pride and joy shredded by the police...

Also note growth means more understanding etc. would be nice to see some British companies making there way into the scene...

Comment

iv been a softer for a decade plus now, and since i started its changed a lot. it used to be really a bit of a niche with pretty small turn outs for games (i remember playing awa herts with just 16 players and everyone having a whip round to make sure curly didnt run at a loss) this was part of the fun though as it was very friendly and close knit with everyone knowing everyone else. also there was much less choice when it came to guns, Marui pretty much made everything with Classic army being the main source of metal bodies and upgrades. over time the sports taken off and the numbers have increased so that sites that once struggled to reach twenty players usually have 60-100 turn up at a game and now especially since the birth of cheapsoft the choice of guns and the quality of them has improved dramatically.
              batteries are another area where its all improved beyond beleif--i have played on a 7.2 nicad, and back in the day 8.4volt batts were the standard with only badasses who didnt mind rebuilding their gearbox all the time running the "oh so naughty!" 9.6v
              for the future, i see more of the same--better guns, more choice. for sites--i think a few more will appear but it will be very much in response to the player base, so if the numbers keep growing then sites will spring up to serve them.
              AS for legal stuff. I think the sports pretty safe, though we cant do anything to guard against random nutters doing silly stuff. but unless some dipstick goes and gets all the wrong sort of publicity i think the sport will continue fairly unchanged for the next few tears,, if there is a change in the law it will be a demand that we do the orange tip thing ot heaven forbid,,, we all end up playing with two tones.

Comment

i dont know how it will continue in its present state because the skirmish fees are getting higher and companys are starting to milk the sport for extra fees etc,also with the ukara registration it is becoming a monopoly with retailers putting up prices and not recognising anything but ukara even though people have valid alternative defences . unless a viable players union for players is put together to deal with retailers and sites and legal issues . and stand up against turning this sport into a cash cow for anyone who wants to run second rate sites and charge extortianate fees just to keep a defence current .with the threat of if u .dont skirmish this many times i wont sign your paperwork..........it should not matter how many different sites you play they should all be entered on a uk database and count ....

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                  it should not matter how many different sites you play they should all be entered on a uk database and count ....
                  Thats a very valid point and something which needs to be addressed in the hobby. Being tied to one site does nothing for a players ability or enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by slick63 View Post
                    Thats a very valid point and something which needs to be addressed in the hobby. Being tied to one site does nothing for a players ability or enjoyment.
                    Ever heard of UKAPA? ( I think I got that right) that's exactly what they do and not retailer based.

Comment

regardless about the sport growing, it will as much as people can complain they want small numbers look at like this

more interest
                      bigger market
                      more sites
                      lower price to compete
                      more shops open
                      more companies lower price due to huge demand
                      and shops become cheaper
                      If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
                        Ever heard of UKAPA? ( I think I got that right) that's exactly what they do and not retailer based.

Yes I`ve heard of them, how widely are they received by retailers in the UK and does a UKAPA number provide a defence for imports ?.
                        I do a bit of reenactment and am covered by AFRA so don`t have a problem personally, but so many sites insist on the ukara route for new players as most other schemes aren`t widely known. When I try to bring the schemes to the attention of sites, a lot insist on the ukara one as they think it`s some kind of law.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Strabo Im a hooker in rugby, i play for Horsham RUFC. I spend alot of my time at home playing WoW. Find out more about Strabo
                        Working...
                        X