magazines feom the us/china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazines feom the us/china

Has anyone ordered magazines from America or China, just wondering was there any customs fees or not recieving products?

Re: magazines feom the us/china

If you buy over £18's worth; of course there are customs fees/tax. Why should you not pay tax?

You can either receive or not receive products. Life is a lottery...

Comment

I have ordered a box of mag VN mids from a web-based HK retailer, paid £44 all in and not had to pay a penny in fees/tax

Hell I've ordered Scopes for £30-£50 and similarly paid no tax/fees.

Comment

Cheers guys I've ordered various things but nothing over £35 yet that's y I asked cheers tho

Comment

I've ordered goods worth over £500 and not been stung. Customs can't check every single item that comes into the country - you wouldn't see your goods for years. It only means you're liable for duty/fees/tax when you import.

Comment

Aside from the tax dodging replies, make sure you're aware of what you're actually buying. Quite often things will be advertised as magpul and be clone copies. So make sure it is 100% guaranteed who it says it is if there is any doubt. It's usually well labelled on decent retailers sites though

Comment

I've ordered plenty of stuff from Hong Kong and America. Sometimes you get stung sometimes you don't its a bit of a lottery. Tho I must say stuff comining from America always seems to atract duty for some reason. Also don't ship priority or it will come via Parcel Farce and they will charge you a fee just to collect the duty for HM Customs
              There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

I've ordered 100's of products(electronics, computer bits,R4 cards, mobile phone bits, airsoft....) from abroad and never had a problem. I never deliberately seek to avoid duty on the goods so never ask them to undervalue and I always factor in the duty + PF fees when I order and I ALWAYS use the cheapest budget delivery.

so far I've not been hit for duty even when one Muppet Surplus dealer in the states overstated the value on the declaration on some M56 nam gear.

With airsoft parts some times the declaration says "toy" or "toy parts" or "toy gift" or "spare screw part" or some times even "airsoft parts". My chrono was listed as "mobile phone charger"????? usually the declared value is around $18-$20 but has been as high as $200.
                At the end of the day its just down to luck .... might go and buy a lottery ticket

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ryanf124 Find out more about ryanf124
                Working...
                X