Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&P barrel wobble - feedback greatly appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P barrel wobble - feedback greatly appreciated!

Hiya guys,
    I'm looking at buying a G&P GBB M4 with a view to turning it into a Diemaco a la Brit SF, was just wondering what, if any, barrel wobble there is on G&P M4 RISs' ? I've got a M4 Defender (which rocks!), but there is effectively no delta ring to worry about. I don't think anyone will actually have a G&P M4 GBB yet, but I'm guessing the externals will be nigh-on exactly like their AEGs. I'm reluctant to spend so much money on a rifle that has barrel wobble inherent in the design, so any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Cheers!
    "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Re: G&P barrel wobble - feedback greatly appreciated!

Definately no barrel wobble of any kind. Certainly not of the kind TM AEGs have. My CA is a little flexible in the barrel, my G&P doesnt even have that. Could be because its so short though.
    /9 out.

Comment

My G&P M16A4 M5 RIS does have movement though but it isn't the barrel itself as that's rock solid.

Even with the RIS tightened up to the delta ring, the RIS does sort of twist about 1mm each way. It seems to be the triangular foregrip retainer at the front sight post that's the source of the movement. The only thing attaching the retainer to the sight post is the chrome gas rod, so I don't know how to make this solid.

Comment

Glue the retainer to the front sight perhaps? Ive never experienced any wobble at al in my G+P M16 and that with an M203 on it as well.

Comment

as the chap have said G&P's dont suffer from barrel wobble , the ris's again are solid , fingers swap out the vn type end cap for a round type , i found the vn types to have a little more play in them ( might just be me :P )
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I've got slight front end wobble from my newly bought G&P M4, dont think its barrel wobble though, I think its where the upper and lower recievers slot together, there is a slight gap that produces the front end movement.

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reaper_leaper Find out more about reaper_leaper
            Working...
            X