we 1911 top slide sanded help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we 1911 top slide sanded help?

i have had a we 1911 for a few years, the slide is not in the best condition, so i would like to sand the top slide, but want a great finish, so any step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Re: we 1911 top slide sanded help?

heat the slide with a cooking blowtorch scrape the paint it will bubble then emry paper then buffing wheel then more emery paper then finer and finer grades of sandpaper.

Comment

Don't use too rough a grade of sand paper or you will make scratches so deep you wont be able to polish them out. Also most metals will tarnish after a while unless you seal them.

Comment

I sanded down the slide on my AA Detonics. I did it all by using sandpaper. Start with quite a coarse sandpaper, and ALWAYS work in one direction on the metal! When the surface looks evenly scratched, move up to a less coarse grit of sandpaper. Keep repeating this process until all the scratches start to fade away. I finished by using Brasso to give it a nice shine. Oh, and one last thing- make sure you completely strip the slide of all mechanical parts! Sandpaper grip is nigh on impossible to get out of little nooks and crannies!
        Originally posted by Moving_Shadow
        Gold Plated? Sorry, I spent all my money on the gun, can I just put some christmas tinsel on it?
        Originally posted by Coz
        Them Tusken raiders are a sensitive peoples, especialy the gay ones

Comment

Steel Wool is fantastic, gets rid of the paint, and if your using fine wool you get fantastic results!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hhhhjlewis Find out more about hhhhjlewis
          Working...
          X