Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Paypal and airsoft - breach of conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal and airsoft - breach of conditions?

Probably addressed here before but this was quite alarming - just got off the phone with paypal:

My account was blocked today and "limited"

They claim that "the use of paypal to take payments or pay for airsoft RIFS is in breach of Paypal's terms and conditions" and a rather rude and defiant representative was fairly curt with why my account had been barred. Not helpful in the slightest and essentially labelling me as a no gooder criminal.

This was quite a surprise as I was under the impression that for the last 2 years of trading using paypal as a payment service for buying and selling airsoft was purely acceptable.

He went on to state that anything airsoft related that could shoot metal BB's was deemed as offensive and breached the T&Cs.

Pretty livid about this as he didnt seem to give me any way of resolving the issue at all. POS

I explained that I was a member of UKARA and perfectly eliigable to own RIFS, and the fact that there is a huge community of people using paypal to pay for airsoft RIFS and equipment. Again, he reiterated that it was a breach of terms. No movement or buffer at all.

Anyone experienced a clampdown of airsoft and paypal at the moment? Not sure how to resolve this but I fancy throttling "Tom".

I've not had any issues with paypal over sales of RIF's. Seems a bit weird on their part seeing as many UK Airsoft retailers use them as a means of payment.

Comment

Re: Paypal and airsoft - breach of conditions?

Ive heard of this before and people marking payments in code for things. Seems daft really when I lot of the main airsoft retailers accept the payment method

Comment

While I can't really answer your question apart from hearing and seeing other threads where the above is stated, I have never heard of an account being blocked... May I ask what, if any you lost? Is it the inconvenience of it all or is there actual cash lost etc?

Cheers
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Yes - just scouring the forum for similar threads.

Is there anything I can go back to "Tom" with which is concrete? This is more about the principle and even though its a grey topic its worth me going back and defending my rights.

Comment

So far as i know its not illegal to sell PLASTIC BB firing RIF's on paypal tell him to shove that where it wont shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
              While I can't really answer your question apart from hearing and seeing other threads where the above is stated, I have never heard of an account being blocked... May I ask what, if any you lost? Is it the inconvenience of it all or is there actual cash lost etc?

Cheers
              Nope - nothing lost apart from the "block" on my account - which then stops me from accepting or sending any payments.

Comment

and they let airguns and shotguns be sold via paypal aswell widespread....
                i think someone may have been having a bad day and you were the first in line!
                also ask him to quote the exact part of the T&C that you are supposdly breaking
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Well - he did - he read it out on the phone and raised his bloody voice at me too - felt liek I was at school being told off. Seriously p*ssed off with the attitude baring in mind I was suitably professional with my response.

Ive found the link in an older thread stating their terms:

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...757&isSrch=Yes

I hope this is valid still.

Comment

When I first signed up to Pay-Pal buddy (when I was 18) my permanent address was my parents house. As my dad already had an account, mine flagged up as a duplicate. I sent in scans of my passport,birth certificate, bank statements the lot. All in attempt to remove the limitation. They would not take any of it, the limitations team are a complete waste of space. They will just read off the PC and nothing more. I took my claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service and within 2 weeks they ORDERED pay-pal to reinstate my account with immediate effect. No more grief from those idiots. Just got to the Financial Ombudsman service website, download the claim form fill it in and post it off. So simple and pay-pal, by law are required to follow their instruction on the outcome of the case.

Comment

My mate had trouble with a gun purchase off here and was forced to pursue a refund. So he went ahead and filed a dispute on Paypal, only to be told they wouldn't help him because it involved an RIF.

Real smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                        They claim that "the use of paypal to take payments or pay for airsoft RIFS is in breach of Paypal's terms and conditions" and a rather rude and defiant representative was fairly curt with why my account had been barred. Not helpful in the slightest and essentially labelling me as a no gooder criminal.
                        Last time I checked, I don't think there's enough handcuffs for the lot of us, as I also would be one of these "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels!"

Tom, is talking out of his arse and needs to pass you onto somebody with the authority to reinstate your account.

Good luck with this mate.
                        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                          Well - he did - he read it out on the phone and raised his bloody voice at me too - felt liek I was at school being told off. Seriously p*ssed off with the attitude baring in mind I was suitably professional with my response.

Ive found the link in an older thread stating their terms:

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...757&isSrch=Yes

I hope this is valid still.
                          Nowhere in that link does it say anything about RIFs at all apart from the bit at the bottom which states airsoft and paintball guns are fine aslong as they cannot be converted to fire live ammo or are sent with ammo

Comment

This, from PayPal's Terms and Conditions - taken less than a minute ago:

What types of firearms related items does PayPal prohibit?Question :

Answer :
                            PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition.

Firearms – Include all rifles, shotguns and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For US residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. US sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the US are prohibited.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.
                            Go to 'Help' and search for 'Airsoft'

Phone them up again mate and give them this info. Bloody idiots....

Comment

Thanks guys.

Just been to let off steam in the squash court.

Will try again tomorrow and report back their wonderful response. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                              Working...
                              X