1911 slide WE paint removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 slide WE paint removal

i want to remove the factory layer of paint , down to the metal underneath, can i use paint stripper for this? and will it damage the metal underneath? thanks

Re: 1911 slide WE paint removal

Stripper shouldnt damage it, just make sure you remove all the internals from the slide. Another alternative is submerge it in fairy power spray for like 10 mins and the paint just falls off. (might need an old toothbrush to encourage it in some areas)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Potentially a completely useless comment, but for what it's worth I sandblast my airsoft stuff when I want to see the aluminium, do you know someone who might have access to a sand blaster? It definitely works cleanly on any metal surface without damaging as long as it's done sensibly.

Comment

Paint & Varnish stripper works fine on WE factory paint, needs a little bit of elbow grease though and a couple of applications. If you're looking to go down to a bare metal finins you might find that the metal is very patchy in tone and oxidises on the surface within about 30 seconds! I wanted to go for a chrome slide look and found that it was a nightmare, you;d start polishing at one end of the slide and by the time you got to the other the start would be oxidised already, so I went for olive green Krylon instead.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hhhhjlewis Find out more about hhhhjlewis
        Working...
        X