This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning deacts into AEG's

inb4 VCRA whining- I'm well aware of the rules thank you.

Anyhoo, I'm considering buying a deactivated RPD and stripping out the internals to cram in some AK bits and pieces. At £400 it's not exactly cheap but then again ti would be one-of-a-kind and presumably worth all the more for it if I ever did sell it on. Machine gun de-activation specifications are:

These are the same for pre and post 95. Rifling removed from the bore until approximately 15mm from the muzzle. A steel pin inserted in the bore near the chamber end. Sometimes a steel rod is inserted into the bore as well. Barrel has longditudinal cut along fifty percent of barrel length. Barrel pinned to action. Breach face cut away at an angle of approximately 45 degrees. Firing pin cut down or removed. Sometimes the bolt face is removed from the bolt carrier on magazine fed guns. Loading ramp sometimes partially milled out. A deactivation stamp on the barrel, receiver and bolt. Full working actions and can be stripped, except barrel.

It's the 'except barrel' part, and the fact it's pinned to the firing action, that's making me nervous about such a venture.

Would YOU try it?
    Signature Removed

Re: Turning deacts into AEG's

as far as i'm aware, you'd have a problem fitting a motor, because Real Steel hand grips are to slim for airsoft motors

I MAY BE WRONG, but thats how i understand it

got no idea whether its illegal or not, but if it isn't, best of luck
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

You cannot do it. It is against the law. As soon as you break one weld on the deac you have reactivated it in the eyes of the law. No bullshine. Non load bearing parts can be used, like stocks, sights etc., but you cannot use barrels, receivers, trigger mechs, gas recoil parts etc. I work as a section 5 armourer. Don't do it.

Comment

it's illigal to convert any firearm de-activated or not. DONT DO IT.

Comment

Originally posted by BaggyPants View Post
          You cannot do it. It is against the law. As soon as you break one weld on the deac you have reactivated it in the eyes of the law. No bullshine. Non load bearing parts can be used, like stocks, sights etc., but you cannot use barrels, receivers, trigger mechs, gas recoil parts etc. I work as a section 5 armourer. Don't do it.
          Even if these parts would be mostly redundant with airsoft internals?
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Yep. It is an offence to own load bearing firearm parts without the correct certificate. Deactivated weapons are not classed as firearms, but once you mess with the deactivation process, the parts revert to being live in the eyes if the law. It will earn you five years in the nick.

Comment

you would have to remove the barrel pin to fit an inner barrel. This would render the deac certificate void and you would be the proud owner of a Sec 5 firearm.

This comes up on the Vietnam forums, Usually about converting LAW rockets to moscart use. Deactivated before 1995 it is easy, just make a bracket to hold the moscart. After 1995 they have bars welded across the tube. Even though LAWs are disposable, one shot, non-re loadable AND the ammunition is impossible to buy it is still illegal to remove the bars .

Comment

In simple terms, when we "deactivate" a weapon, we take a "live" firearm and perform certain procedures on it which are dictated by the home office to render it "deactivated". These vary, depending on the category of weapon, but include blocking the chamber/barrel and pinning the barrel permanently to the receiver on ALL firearms. These procedures are what defines it as "deactivated", and make it a non-weapon. If you then take one of these non-weapons and reverse ANY of the procedures carried out to render it "deactivated", you are deemed in law to be "reactivating" it. That can be as simple as breaking the weld which stops the trigger moving in new specification assault rifles and SMGs.

UK law states that deactivated weapons have to meet Home Office requirements and be proofed as deactivated in the UK, so your Beta MG42s will not be legal to import into the UK either

Comment

I know you see it done sometimes on forums, but they're in jurisdictions where it's legal. As others have said, it's NOT legal in the UK.

You may also be confused by some people converting repro RIF guns from a German company (MG42s in particular). I believe converting those is OK as they were built as replicas from scratch, and never were firearms.

Comment

Wow, I hate this country's firearms laws.

Well, I guess that's been knocked on the head. I'll probably still get the thing, cause it looks pro.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AlexLM Find out more about AlexLM
                    Working...
                    X