m203's how do u keep them loaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m203's how do u keep them loaded?

hey guys, everytime i load up my 203's then turn them over, a few of the wells empty out, is this a common issue or something to do with madbull shells?

what do ppl do to keep their bbs in and the 203's ready to use? as atm if i had it in the launcher, soon as i tip it down, most of the bbs fall out

i have been told rollup filters work, but these seem too narrow... im currently thinking cling film?

(the o-rings are the originals and arent perished, but are dry - not greased or anything)
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: m203's how do u keep them loaded?

did you push the bbs down with a rod to lock them in place?
    If not then try it

Comment

with a rod? all i can see is 6 empty tubes, that u fill with bbs, and round the top there is an o-ring that sits in an undercut, that is exposed in about 1/5th of each tube to retain the bbs

Comment

The bbs should be under the o-ring all the ones above it will come out but maybe try getting a smaller o-ring which should hold the bbs in tighter...

Comment

use an unjamming rod, pushh the bbs past the o-ring, see if that works

Comment

the tubes are full, so i have bbs under the o rings, i understand the top two above will come back out as there is nothing holding them, but if i then turn the 203 over, all the tubes empty out

i dont think i'll get a tighter o ring on, this is pretty tight

Comment

Use a thin Swiss file to slightly deepen the the groove where it cuts into the barrels. This will allow the O ring to sit slightly deeper into the barrels.
              Rotate the moscart as you file so there aren't any flat areas. You only need to very slightly deepen the groove.

Comment

try soaking the o ring in some silicon oil overnight. ive had similer probs

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
                  Use a thin Swiss file to slightly deepen the the groove where it cuts into the barrels. This will allow the O ring to sit slightly deeper into the barrels.
                  Rotate the moscart as you file so there aren't any flat areas. You only need to very slightly deepen the groove.
                  wtf are swiss files? do u mean needle files?

is there anything going on internally at that point? might be quicker to whip em in the lathe and deepen the undercut that way

also, what is the optimum protrusion of the oring to retain them?

^^wow that sounded posh ^^

Comment

wtf are swiss files? do u mean needle files?

The correct engineering term is Swiss files ie as from Switzerland where they were made for clockmaking. However needle files is an accepted term but they tend to be the cheap junk from China and don't hold their edge very long.

If you had a lathe and a suitable parting off tool, you could easily do that. However, chances are the existing cuts are already fine, just need the smallest amount to allow the o ring to sit deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
                      The correct engineering term is Swiss files ie as from Switzerland where they were made for clockmaking. However needle files is an accepted term but they tend to be the cheap junk from China and don't hold their edge very long.

If you had a lathe and a suitable parting off tool, you could easily do that. However, chances are the existing cuts are already fine, just need the smallest amount to allow the o ring to sit deeper.
                      well ok, just never ever heard the term before, and i'd consider myself to have worked in the engineering industry for the last 8 years, thats all

Comment

Running the shells on a lathe is going to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. A couple of pieces of masking tape will hold them all in fine without any hassle...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                          Running the shells on a lathe is going to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. A couple of pieces of masking tape will hold them all in fine without any hassle...
                          what? put masking tape over the holes and fire them thru it? or somewhere else?

Comment

Yeah, just a little tape over the holes and away you go... Gets blown off when you fire the grenade... giggety.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                              Yeah, just a little tape over the holes and away you go... Gets blown off when you fire the grenade... giggety.
                              ok, will give all a try

wish i got blown off everytime i fired it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                              Working...
                              X