Paypal dispute with no link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal dispute with no link?

Just completed a paypal dispute and this is a question to people who have disputed before.

For the link, what happens if the sales thread has multiple items or the actual deal in question isn't on a thread as such or it got deleted because it was too old? What would you do then? I ask this as I have just completed a form but the sales thread consisted of 4 pistols and the part in question was during a PM convo...

cheers
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Are you seriously going to give full details of your deal, and what you used Paypal to pay for?

I dont mean to be sarcastic or funny, but with the slight grey area regarding Paypal and RIFs you may end up shooting yourself in the foot. (excuse the pun)

Comment

Re: Paypal dispute with no link?

Its not a RIF though Tisane, only a part so should be no problems. Christo, have you still got the PM's as you should be able to use this as ut will have what you bought, price and the PayPal address so should be ok. The danger if you don't disclose what you bought or class it as something else is that the seller can a use You of lying and this might not look good to PayPal, upto you but for a part I would be honest and tell them what it is
      sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm reading it back a couple of times it looks a little confusing now.

I see the part about the thread containing 4 pistols but the bit about "part" confuses me.

OP i think that needs clearing up before you go any further.
        Is it a gun PART or a whole gun?

Comment

Think even if it is a part of a gun or all 4 pistol's, I don't think the OP needs to declare exactly what was sold or bought.
          With paypal seemingly not knowing their own rules and regulations, the OP needs only to refer to "THE ITEM/s" and address it this way, they only ask for specifics to satisfy themselves, not decide if they should intervene or not. They ask for as many details as possible but if you are a buyer they will have transaction ID and if you are a seller the you should have proof of posting if item has been sent etc...

If as Tisane rightly said, provide ppl on here with more specifics it gets a clearer response all round , there is bound to one of us been in exactly the same spot...

Some Brummy love there for you Tis ......

Comment

have had nothing but trouble with paypal over the years ive used them . have also just read that if you use a credit card to pay them your card company will void your card insurance becuase you have involved a third party in the sale. i always try to find another way to buy or pay now .

Comment

Think I must be lucky as never had a single problem with PayPal in 2 years!

Comment

I have just sufferd at the hands of a dishonest seller on another forum, used paypal dispute and nothing but a waste of time, provided lots of evidence as the matter was pretty straight forward really and got knocked back. I had used paypal for many years but never again. Should they choose to support dishonest people then I cannot in good faith support such an organisation.
                I appreciate it sounds like sour grapes, but it was so straightforward as to be laughable, even supplied them with details of engineers reports, they are pretty crap really.
                I think it will be a civil claim against the dishonest fellow now.
                Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                  I have just sufferd at the hands of a dishonest seller on another forum, used paypal dispute and nothing but a waste of time, provided lots of evidence as the matter was pretty straight forward really and got knocked back. I had used paypal for many years but never again. Should they choose to support dishonest people then I cannot in good faith support such an organisation.
                  I appreciate it sounds like sour grapes, but it was so straightforward as to be laughable, even supplied them with details of engineers reports, they are pretty crap really.
                  I think it will be a civil claim against the dishonest fellow now.
                  Speak to the Financial Ombudsman Service buddy, when my pay-pal was limited for no reason (this was after I uploaded my passport, utility bill, confirmed my bank, debit card the works) i called them and within a month my pay-pal account was fully reinstated and i received an apology from pay-pal.

They may be able to help you, and if they are able, make sure you send them copies of everything. I didn’t and it just delayed the process because they had to write to me requesting more info.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
                  Working...
                  X