No replies from sales PM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No replies from sales PM's?

I don't know about you lot but it really annoys me when you pm a seller asking if an item is still for sale and get no reply.

I like to know either way - if it's been sold then it's no big deal.

Surely it is just polite?

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Rant off.

Andy
    Last edited by Fizzy; 23 November, 2011, 16:50.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Worthy rant. Annoying at best. Good comms = Good manners. A few moments to reply would only be polite.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Re: No replies from sales PM's?

You're not the only one.

If I've tried to low-ball someone on the price then fair enough, or if I've tried to get something split from a sale saying no splits (hey, it's worth a try, it works sometimes!), but otherwise it's just common courtesy.
      sigpic

Comment

Had it numerous times today nate. some people are just rude, even to turn down an offer id rather know
        sigpic

Comment

Totally worth the rant! Common respect and decency especially if they can't even be bothered to close the thread.

Comment

Sometimes people can't reply straight away. I don't always, sometimes I cant. But I always reply within 24hrs.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape if I were you.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I've had problems with PMs not being sent, I found that by going "advanced" and clicking "request receipt" & "save a copy" they tend to get through. Maybe the Sellers isn't at fault 100% of the time maybe the Site still has Bugs??

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                I've had problems with PMs not being sent, I found that by going "advanced" and clicking "request receipt" & "save a copy" they tend to get through. Maybe the Sellers isn't at fault 100% of the time maybe the Site still has Bugs??
                Possible? Though I prefer to think it's that there are lazy gits out there who don't have the common decency to reply to a PM. By thinking this, it allows me to vent my pent-up internet frustrations (whilst steering clear of "Gentlemen's interest" sites)
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Good point,

I have been waiting on a reply about a Longslide .45 for around a week now, Tad annoying.

Comment

i'm guilty from the other side, i ask if something is, then rethink it and dont buy it, and so dont send them more pms. very bad manners... some im still trying to decide what to do.... i do apologise and say if i get a pm asking whats going on thou
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

yeah I know stuff happens - people are busy etc. We all get that.

I'll not loose any sleep over it - just really annoys me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one though.

And with that I'm off to the pool.

Andy
                      Last edited by Fizzy; 23 November, 2011, 16:50.
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveuknotts View Post
                        Totally worth the rant! Common respect and decency especially if they can't even be bothered to close the thread.
                        I PM'd you about my BFG for sale in reply to your "Wanted" thread few weeks ago - no reply to date

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          I PM'd you about my BFG for sale in reply to your "Wanted" thread few weeks ago - no reply to date
                          Thats brilliant lol. Just reading through the post and this has made me laugh. The cheek of him to talk about others. Looking forward to a red face reply :D
                          MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

definitaly opened a hornets nest with this thread ......... some people have no manners or courtesy at all ...major gripe 4 me

Comment

YUP, definatly annoying, if i PM a seller and they dont get back to me, fair enough, just a message back saying whatever would be nice.

No replies from a seller would also mean that the chances are i wouldnt buy anything from them, if they cant reply to a question or ignore you, means they will not be a very reliable, well for me anyway.

What else is also annoying, stupid F%^*ERS who PM you about something you are selling and ask, 'so what does it come with?', or better still 'tell me about it', you bother opening the thread or just read the title? All of the damn info is in the thread, read the f$#king thing!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                              Working...
                              X