X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POLL: Stung by customs?

Originally posted by andre the giant View Post
    The Gift charges are now £15 not £18 as of nov 1st this year
    I've only just spotted this... I thought it was still £18.. they kept that quiet ps its the VAT threshold for goods .. "gifts" is £40

You can always email the seller and ask them to put down toy parts and send it as a gift.. Try it, you might get lucky. If not just pay the charge..
    Yup ,this works BUT its illegal as its fraud/evading duty so your parcel may be impounded/confiscated if they investigate and decide to ruin your day. According to the UKBA, the RECIPIENT is responsible for the senders declaration on the CN22 form. Most of my parcels are described as "toy parts"... seems accurate to me

But at the end of the day, if NO UK seller has your part or gun then you HAVE to import. If you factor in the VAT + £15 at the time of purchase then you have to decide if its worth it and cant moan if you get hit with the charges. If you don't get charged then bargain !!!
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 6 December, 2011, 21:54.

Comment

this is true

that reminds me actually....the inlaws have gone hongkong for a month and I didnt tell them what I wanted....crap

Comment

I bought an auto mag from Hong Kong cost me $35 and i didnt get charged by customs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadmeat Find out more about Deadmeat
        Working...
        X