Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li-Po Batterys ?

Hey all,
    I have noticed that a few people use Li-Po batterys and really reccoment them, they give a good ROF and last longer and are smaller.
    If this is the case then why doesnt everybody use them ?
    I have also heard that guns that run Li-Po's are very high maintainence and often needs parts replacing, is this true ?

Many thanks,

Bert.
    Last edited by Bert; 10 February, 2009, 22:44.

Re: Li-Po Batterys ?

Oh, and they can catch fire if charged incorrectly....

Comment

they are a pain to charge.......... you need a balnced charger...

also, if they become completely flat, theyre unable to be recharged...... at all.....

they are also more expensive and the chargers cost a small fortune.....

im in the process of converting to li polys. its costly

Comment

lol they are great but they do cost quite alot

Joe

Comment

You just need to be very careful, buy a charger with a sensor that senses it's already full. And of course follow the guidelines.

Comment

Its like using a barett insted of an M4. Ok that was a stupid annolgoy, but my point is, they give a few great big positives, but there are some major negatives that come with them aswell. Noteably the tendancy to explode
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

so what battery would you use?

Comment

They dont "Tend" to explode at all. They only explode if people dont charge them and maintain them correctly, pretty much what has already been said.

You need a decent charger that balances the cells, you need a discharger that discharges the cells and keeps a good amount of voltage in there when not being used.

They will only explode in the wrong conditions, like being charged too much or not balanced properly.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

If your gonna go for Li-Po, then go for the Socom gear versions, they are tested and guarenteed against those kinds of mishaps i.e. catching fir ehwn overchraged.

They are costly but they do give a great ROF.

The way id look at it mate is, remember VHS and DVD... well the same with batteries. they are small and when all the problems are ironed out they'll become standard!

Chris

Comment

Ive been using Li-Po batterys for a while now. I HIGHLY recommend them.
                    All this stuff about them exploding is rubbish. A decent charger is all you need.
                    Advantages are a massive ROF, and added FPS and range.
                    Ive NEVER had it where i cant charge the battery, and it has been run to nothing.
                    Duramax batterys are what i use, and ive never had a problem with them. At 11.1v, be careful when using on full auto, because they can shread your gearbox, but sensability can really improve your gun and game!

Comment

Just make sure they don't discharge below 3volts. Thats 3 volts per cell, so for a 3S battery that would be 9 Volts. You can buy a small device that cuts the power when it gets this low. I would recommend you do that because a duff Li po is very expensive to replace. Also don't charge over 4.2 volts as this can cause a fire hazard too but as said previously most Li Po chargers will do this and balance the cells too and on reaching full charge will then perform maintenance constantly. My charger charges 4 types of battery and cost me around 50 quid about 2 years ago. I use it for all my rc models as I need chargers for Ni Cads, Lead acid, Ni Mh and Li Po's. It is a Multiplex Multicharger LN5014. Also with nearly all Li Pos you will get safety and operating intsructions included. Hope this helps
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

my mate did try and charge one off a pro peak............. it kinda caught fire a little
                        Last edited by Destroyer; 11 February, 2009, 08:08. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer View Post
                          my mate did try and charge one off a pro peak............. it kinda caught fire a little
                          i asked my mate who used to own the gun to charge mine and he used a pro peak. Luckyily mine didnt catch fire! Can anyone reccomend me a good charger?

Comment

See my post above
                            Feedback link

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to add most Li Po chargers will need a power source of some kind mine is a pro peak 13.8 power supply by Ripmax All of this stuff can be bought from a decent rc Model shop a Good charger and power supply will bang you for around a hundred quid though so it aint cheap to start batteries are around 50 quid but coming down all the time
                              Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                              Working...
                              X