Silicon Grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Grease

Hi all , I only have silicon grease and was wondering if it was the same as silicon oil >? Will it work the same and not degrade anything ?

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Re: Silicon Grease

Where do you intend to put it? Silicon grease should be OK for lubing things like a plastic piston, silicon oil would be what you'd soak the o-ring in

Comment

A rubber O ring and the trigger mech and the barrel mate ;p

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
      Plato
      ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

Don't try putting it on your wife's tits, silicon doesn't work like that...

Comment

For my KWA Glock 17, i use this and its great,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_255223

Comment

Whatever you do dont use teflon grease on anything other than your gearbox, i tired it when i first started airsoft and not something i will EVER repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanH View Post
              For my KWA Glock 17, i use this and its great,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_255223
              3in1 stuff like that will eat any rubber seals etc, you want standard silicone spray/oil. not 3in1
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                3in1 stuff like that will eat any rubber seals etc, you want standard silicone spray/oil. not 3in1
                Heavily agree, stay away from anything that isn't stand alone silicone oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
                  Heavily agree, stay away from anything that isn't stand alone silicone oil.
                  you know its bad when somebody "heavily" agrees
                  sigpic

Comment

Heavily disagree, the 3-1 Silicone is perfectly fine to use. I have used it myself with not a single problem. It even says in the description "Rubber safe".

Also I use Teflon grease on my guns and pistols without any problems. On the gas pistols the simple rule is use it incredibly sparingly. You only need the smallest layer of grease to do the job. Best stuff to use being the Finish Line Teflon grease. Unlike other products it is not overly thick, which can cause binding in cold weather on gas pistols.

Silicone grease is handy for O rings on gas magazines and greasing the cylinder in guns. Other than that I rarely use it.

Comment

I still would rather use pure silicone spray over that 3 in 1 stuff. To me its like wd40 or thereabiuts.
                      sigpic

Comment

that link just points to '3 in 1' branded silicone spray, so long as it is only silicone and propellent in that can it will be fine for use on airsoft kit

there are 3 grades of silicone generally available for airsoft use.

silicone grease is the thickest, and as others have said is better for mag seals and other applications where u want it to stay there a long time

silicone oil is in the middle consistancy wise, usually comes in dropper bottles and can be used for most lubing requirements in a gbb

silicone spray is much thinner and usually comes in an aerosol type spray..duh. good for hard to reach areas without having to stripdown the whole gun and places where u might want a very thin coating of lube

ideally u would have access to all 3 types when servicing a gbb

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                          I still would rather use pure silicone spray over that 3 in 1 stuff. To me its like wd40 or thereabiuts.
                          But you are wrong. It's just 3 in 1 branded Silicone spray with added 3 in 1 scent. It is also NSF H2 registered.

I have used this stuff for a couple of years and not a singe problem with rubber damage and in that time I have repaired and worked on over 100 guns easily.

Comment

+1 for 3 in 1 silicon spray, Perfectly safe

Been using it for years.
                            Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
                            Working...
                            X