"This product is currently unavilable outside China"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This product is currently unavilable outside China"

ok i have just seen this on Z1 but what the hell dose it mean ???
    or the better queston is can i still buy this item ?

Re: "This product is currently unavilable outside China"

depends if you live in china or not

Comment

there probably refering to the recent clamp down on the production of airsoft guns in China. as airsoft is illegal in China the factorys are frequently raided by police and guns seized etc.
      Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

i emailed zero one about this and the reply i got was....

' The Chinese guns have been restricted as far as we have been told because they are classed as counterfeit by international law as they are made without regard to copyright and trademark rights.
        It is not possible to say when or if they will appear again.'

was going to post this on the forums soon

Comment

Not sure what to say to that news, so will let the legend that is James May explain it for me....

"Oh C*ck."

Comment

hahaha yes ! you can actually email him this and knowing him "the C*ck" he is hell actually do a documentry about it lol
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Parky
            Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

It's a pain in the ar*e, but at least it's better than trying to bring one into the UK and getting done by customs for importing conterfeit goods.

The fine for that is the value of the original item that you've bought the copy of. Just think what the fine would be if you're caught with a clone M249, I imagine they cost a few grand each.
              sigpic

Comment

but what if z1 have them in stock? i wanna buy a jg g36 off them this week......

Comment

If it's already in the UK, customs will never see it.
                  sigpic

Comment

So what, this is the end of clone guns in the UK? Apart from existing stocks and second hand guns?
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

More likely the end of clones until the next bribe or the police there move onto something else.

Fear not, this is not the end of clones!

Comment

This is an ongoing thing, so many clones appear and disapear on a regular basis, but they keep on going.
                        Slight variations are made to the AEG's, (such as Mosfets on JG being a recent example) and than they are not copies, but a whole new product.
                        Ratty
                        Trader Feedback.
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

This latest issue is different though. Not only are they copies of , for example, TM guns, they are also unlicensed copies of the real steel guns.

The legislation was passed in the European parliament to stop the trade in things like fake watches and handbags. They couldn't care less if one Chinese factory copies the fake made by another factory in Turkey. All they are interested is that it is a fake Gucci, Rolex etc.

It won't matter to customs (etc) if the gun is a clone of a clone of a clone of a TM. If the manufacturer doesn't have a licence agreement with the real steel manufacturer, then it's against the law to bring it into the EU. The maximum fine if the equivalent cost of the real item. So, the cost of a real M4 could be the fine, not the cost of a TM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure none of the clones have trademarks which would be what is customs would be looking for to see if it is counterfeit or in breach of copyright.
                            I was under the impression that alot of the ACM guns were being stopped from coming into europe because they lacked the relevant paperwork to show they didn't contain harmful substances like lead.

Comment

yes this more likely the case as the clone manufactures and tm are manufacturing products that are not rohs / ce compliant and as such should not be sold in the uk and europe.
                              the compliance affects lead based paints/ mercury content in cheap die castings and the solder type used in aeg,s.
                              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NULL i am a printer and love airsoft and the gym :D Find out more about NULL
                              Working...
                              X