Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESS V12's

Hello there,

I have been doing some research on eye wear (Been out of airsoft for a few months). I used to have ESS ice glasses but they used to fog up quite a bit. I have been looking into the possibility of getting some mesh goggles but am not keen on the looks of them.

I saw a thread before and a user said he used ESS V12's which seem to be goggles that have an anti fogging system incorporated into their design (AVS something or other). I have seen them on a popular auction site brand new for £35 but on another tactical gear shop they are £95 for what seems to be exactly the same thing! How can there be a difference of £60??!

Could somebody explain how this system works and how effective it actually is as there is nothing worse than skirmishing and your eye wear restricting vision!

Brad

Re: ESS V12's

Whatever you do don’t bother with the standard Mesh goggles, especially if you can’t stand your vision being impaired by them. I brought a pair and everything was so dark for my eyes it gave me a headache. I guess they could be of use in the summer but not this time of year where everything is darker.

Comment

Basically the lens hinge open leaving a small gap on the outside edges to let air circulate. The Gap is too small to let a BB in though so dont't worry. These work excellently most of the time for goggle types, but I find mine do tend to fog up if i've been running and then hole up in a place with no breeze. A bit of antifog makes that go away. You can close the lense again to give a slightly wider field of view but then you don't get the advantage of the air flow.

Works even better if you remove the foam from the static vents around the frames. field of view is not as good as glasses but these offer far better peice of mind. Had mine two years, recommended.
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Dont forgetto take the foam inserts out, and heroshark make mesh lenses for them :D anyways theyre awesome. I paid £20 for mine still sealed on that very same auctoin site. Key thing is to use the included antifog wipe
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
          Dont forgetto take the foam inserts out, and heroshark make mesh lenses for them :D anyways theyre awesome. I paid £20 for mine still sealed on that very same auctoin site. Key thing is to use the included antifog wipe
          So do they work well with the antifog wipe and said increased airflow system? I am basically looking for something that will give a wide angle of view and something that doesn't fog up. I'm not really fussed about price because I understand good things cost money. If there are any other suggestions that anybody could suggest I would also be grateful. The reason I have looked at ESS is that they are a proven manufacturer and they will thus be reliable.

Brad

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to hit that bloody touch phones. They are pretty good as goggles go ,not un-foggable but none are. Plus there full seal and still fairly low profile .

Comment

I was kind of wondering why you clicked dislike You need to clear you inbox btw dude, need to message you about a lower facemask!

Comment

Yes mate theyre really good, and with different lenses to boot!
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Don't really think I can argue with the price either, the only other option are the ESS turbofans? but they come in at over 100 quid...

Comment

they are full seal unless you use them with a lower face guard,then they are lifted out slightly...well mine are....but as far as goggles go they are the best for me, and also highly reccomended, i also love the fact that i can use yellow low visability lenses which help to see in low light conditions
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have some of these used them a couple of times and they are pretty good, but I find the same thing, if I'm running around then stop, they fog up quite bad, no matter how much I use the anti fog wipe, think they would be better with a separate anti fog solution, I may be willing to sell mine, just recently removed the foams and they have some slight scratches from bb's so I'd give ya a reduced price, send me a pm if ya interested

Comment

Good kit, but they will fog if you stand still.

Even walking slowly is enough air-flow to de-fog them. Good bit of kit.

As for the price, yes they are £90 new, but they can be aqquired from various MOD Disposal places for around £20.

Comment

pretty much agree with previous posters - i had a pair and they were very good, but did fog, even after taking out the foam, etc
                          i sold mine because they looked too big on me (must've got a pin-head)

anyway, shop around (on a well known auction site) and you can pick them up for cheap - mine were only £12.50, new, with all the lenses, storage pods, etc
                          h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

For me they are the best set of goggles I have tried so far, the peace of mind knowing they seal around your eyes (and not have gaps left big enough for BB's to travel through) is worth the price alone.

The interchangeable lens' are great too (as long as you remember to carry the other lens' with you!) so you don't run around tunnels with the dark lens' on.

They do steam up after legging it around and stopping still, but I just shake my head some and it clears usually.

Comment

I use them personally and find them simply unbeatable. I removed the foam, pop the side vents if needed but use Salclear antifog and you will have no fog issues. It's the best I have tried and I have tried a lot of different antifog products.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bradley Airsoft > Paintballing Find out more about Bradley
                              Working...
                              X