Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? Vest Query

I have a vest, it is a police vest;

It has a strange blank space, with 2 velcro straps and press buttons. 1 is removable, the other is not. Anyone know what this is? Is it a mount for a pouch or holster of some kind?

Thanks in advance peeps :D
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Re: What is this? Vest Query

im sure thats a police utility vest mate and those velcro bits could be for hanging cuffs from

Comment

It looks like a firearms vest to me, looking at the removable velcro 'police' badge sections. The area you describe is indeed for speedcuffs- one end of the cuff would slot into the pouch section, the other end would be held down by the velcro/popper strap in a kind of horizontal position. For info, the baton pouch has two poppers to cater for the 2 different lengths of asp in general service.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
      TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

The cuffs (solid centre and cannot bend) would go into the pocket next to the area I was referring to, so would leave that space blank.

I'm thinking some form of pouch attachment for a cs/tazer holster?

For info, dog handler vest
        Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Fair enough, it's difficult to make out what openings are where in a smallish black picture! One thing I couldn't work out was where the CS/Pava went..

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

It's the right size and dimension for spray and in the right place. I have just never seen that type before, certainly not issue where I am. Would say it's not FSU, or dogs for that matter. Possibly a GPD vest. What make is it? Speedcuff pouch is where it should be along with ASP / Baton set up and admin pouch.
            Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
            Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Definitely dog handlers as it has a lead clip on the bottom right of the vest (Velcro cover, bottom left of pic).

I will check make when I am next home, bought it new from suppliers so never issued.
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Khakis blues on the label, dvh vest.
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Could the clip not be for the firearm lanyard? I have to say, Im all out of ideas, its like nothing I have ever seen, and thats quite a few. Never heard of the make either, those that dont use issue vests normally use Niton. Unless its for a role a bit obscure like modplod or summat.

Comment

I've seen modpol, it's not like that, A lanyard would be on the belt not on the vest, it's not for a taser either, wrong side and not enough mounting points for retention. I think it may be for spray. The lead typr thing indeed being a lanyard typr thing? Just guessing now really, not heard of the make and not seen that type of fitting before. Hmmm.

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Do'h... Is that dhv? Your correct, dog handler vest... Well, bless me! never seen or heard of them before.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

We appear to be stumped, sent a quick snail across to the guys I got it from to see what advise they have. Expecting them to say its a mounting point for tazer and cs holsters but you have to buy it off them! We shall see...
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Mystery solved, it is a patch to attach either a 90 Degree Taser Holster, CS Holster, MagLite Holster or Admin pouch. A Taser holster would be nice but can't seem to find any

Also, he black tab on the bottom is not to clip on a lead, but a silent keys holder... who would have thought it?!

Thanks for your help guys. One last question, and a little off topic, stabbie should be worn under a vest correct?
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Yep, stabbie always as near to the core as possible which is why it is daft when officers wear them over their fleeces...

Glad the mystery is solved, it did seem like there was an attachment or something missing!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                            Working...
                            X