Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Bolted Firearm Cabinets for AEGs in NI?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bolted Firearm Cabinets for AEGs in NI?....

if there is kids in the house you may need to keep em 'out of reach' I know I as told that I had to abide by the new air rifle storage law by a south yorks FEO.

Comment

a slight bit off topic but, when you guys from NI buy airsoft guns from guys in on the mainland on the classifieds, have you ever run into any customs trouble? or what is the best postal service to use?

If im being too rude in asking this i will delete the comment and start a new thread

Comment

NI at this moment in time is still part of the UK (may or may not change some time in the future, too touchy a subject for this forum). Customs and Revenue only become involved if purchasing from outside the UK. Like everybody else we use Royal fail, Parcel farce, TNT etc etc

Bit that pisses people off here in sunny NI is when retailers bump up the postage and packaging for an item and then use Royal Mail, contary to belief it doesn't cost extra to send to NI. (a first class stamp costs the same here in Belfast as it does in Manchester)

Comment

NI is part of the UK so no customs involved. RM or whatever UK postal service you normally use, the price is the same as anywhere in the UK.

EDIT: just beaten to reply by rtf!
          Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
          "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Emailed someone from PSNI Firearms Unit and they said they couldn't answer my question and they also didn't know where the relevant legislation was. God fucking help us...

Comment

I'v only ever known one person to have a locking gun cabinet, and that was largely because they also kept blank cartridges for a BFG, so it was pretty much a requirement to get some sort, and might as well get a big one!

nah, never been told you need one, I'm pretty sure its been stated very clearly that you have to use a proper case/bag in public, which wouldn't be the case if you needed specific storage in private.

and as per the other comments, there isn't cuestoms between NI and Britain. theres UK customs, but not British Customs. Laws are different power wise, 328fps/1J being enshrined somewhere that I cant recall in something hard and fast. but thats the only real major thing, as per some of the others I keep my rifles on a wall rack, as you can see in the photos from my sales threads!
              KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
              mix'n'match M4
              Maruzen P99

Comment

One thing he could tell me was that you can keep airsoft weapons over 1J in NI but you must apply for a Firearms Certificate for it and keep it in a secure cabinet etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Emailed someone from PSNI Firearms Unit and they said they couldn't answer my question and they also didn't know where the relevant legislation was. God fucking help us...
                  So the people that enforce the law have no idea so i would predict that it a load of shite. You know yourself how people spout half arsed 'facts' they heard off a fella that read it off the inside of their eyelids
                  Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                  Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    One thing he could tell me was that you can keep airsoft weapons over 1J in NI but you must apply for a Firearms Certificate for it and keep it in a secure cabinet etc.

Errm how do you get a cert for a 'firearm' with no serial numbers?

Licencing laws have gone retarded down south, you now need a report from you doctor saying your not an unstable murderer and they have up'd the amount of landowners permission needed amoung other things.
                    Thing that annoys me is how may crimes are commited with a legally held weapon? If they could ban knives you'd be eating your dinner with two forks by now
                    Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                    Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                    Working...
                    X