Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What can improve the accuracy of my AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can improve the accuracy of my AEG?

Hello,
    I have a G&P SR-16 with a 6.03mm tight bore barell is and a 9.6v battery running. But, i'm wiondering what else i can put in or change to make my guns accuracy better?
    Any idea's?
    Regards,
    Fergus Harris

Re: What can improve the accuracy of my AEG?

skill?... lol making sure you've got a good airseal helps.

Comment

Heavier bb's

Comment

As said heavier bbs and a good seal to improve consistentsy of shots

Comment

QUALITY BBs.

Comment

Always worth thinking about a new hop and rubber as well as the TB. Personally I've not found a better combination than the madbull ultimate hop with the black python (aka madbull v2) barrel and either the supplied (with the hop) blue rubber or a madbull shark rubber. I've tried all these parts sepatately in the past, but as a combination they are fantasic.

Give your inner barrel a very small wrap in ptfe tape. Just a single run that goes down the length of the barrel like an old fashioned barbers pole (google it if you don't know what I mean). That will stabilise the inner barrel, in the outer, without stopping it moving forwards and backwards against the spring. This is the AEG equivalent of barrel spacers for bolties.

Give the hop rubber a wrap round with either ptfe tape (over the end of the rubber, sealing the end to the inner barrel) or dental floss (tightening the rubber over the inner barrel) as these are very quick and efficient ways to improve the airseal at the hop.

Other than that, heavier BBs as said are a good place to start. I use 0.25 in all my regular guns.
            sigpic

Comment

^^ what he said

+ consistency is key. as well as improving consistency with a better air seal and improved hop-up and ammo you can also make sure your gearbox is firing as consistently as possible.

fire ur gun over a chrono a few times. its not just the highest or lowest number thats important, its the range or variance thats crucial to accuracy. i would rather have a gun that was firing 320, 322, 320, 319, 321 than a more powerful gun that might be firing at 328, 320, 315, 342, 335. power isnt crucial to accuracy, consistency is

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fergus37 British army load out FTW Find out more about fergus37
              Working...
              X