Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best Sling for use with a plate carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sling for use with a plate carrier?

Hi guys

So over the course of the last couple of months I have upgraded my kit more to my liking but one thing seems to elude me.... a decent sling for my 416.

Was really easy with my Tavor as i got the real steel IDF sling and it worked perfectly !

Have tried a single point bungee type sling, which so far is my favorite but I just feel it isnt perfect... dont know why.

Have tried a three point which in all honesty was ok, but did snag and snap when jumping through a window :D

what is generally considered to be the best type of sling? I have seen these magpul ones and am pondering one of them, are they worth it? I dont mind paying a premium price if the item is great (as I have wasted a small fortune on multiple slings already and still not happy) Or is there another type of sling which I haven't even considered yet (dont say two point :P )

For reference my plate carrier has 2xquad M4 mag holders on the front and is quite bulky.

Cheers in advance

Re: Best Sling for use with a plate carrier?

Blackhawk Strike sling. Ace.

Comment

I've been using a Warrior QRS Fastex Sling for the last 6 months... excellent peice of kit, strong as anything and its a single point so it doesnt get in the way too much! And for ~£20 you definitely cant go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Blackhawk Strike sling. Ace.

Sorry but that 416 just made me come over all inappropriate! Stunning!

Comment

The issues you've so far might not have been the slings themselves.

I've found that with a PC, the best place to hook on is at the rear of the body (as with the picture above) either using a quick release system like the Strike, of just a regular single point attatched to a rear-of-body mounted sling point. If you're using the standard back of the stock sling mount then the gun (in my experience anyway) gets pushed too far forward and catches on the pouches and also won't hang as neatly at your side.
          sigpic

Comment

The silky smooooth magpul ms2 is a pleasure to use.

The material glides across yoir gear and the release points are imo awesome!

Comment

+1 to the Warrior Fastex sling. Because it goes in the molle you have no issues with it moving about around your neck and chafing it if you're not wearing some kind of collar. Best sling I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
                +1 to the Warrior Fastex sling. Because it goes in the molle you have no issues with it moving about around your neck and chafing it if you're not wearing some kind of collar. Best sling I've had.
                Wow that looks sweet, will have to order one. I end up taking my 3 point sling off and wrapping it round my hand, it tries to choke me everytime I play.

Comment

I used an MS2 clone. Just as good as the genuine article. You'll need to assemble it properly yourself as it comes set up wrong but that's a 5 minute job. I have mine wrapped around me, and hooked into the body by the grab handle on the back of the rig.

Can have my rifle on the right an left shoulder, can release it quick, and just let it drop and go straight for my pistol if need be. Would be nice if I could figure out a way of having it drop to my right side everytime so I can put my pistol back on my chest. Maybe thatll be a project for later on tonight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shivatastic Find out more about Shivatastic
                  Working...
                  X