Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Why is Airsoft whipped more than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Airsoft whipped more than others?

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
    hate to disagree with the general on this one . but from the job i do and the people who we are unfortunatly having to deal with on a permanent basis i can tell you that guns are readily available , in the last six months alone we have had 4 major incidents .and 10 reported incidents of hand guns being used . from our v reliable sources guns are now mainly an eastern european problem . and the people gaining access to them are much younger than before. on particular doors our teams now regulary wear bullet proof vests instead of standard body armour . so19 and trident run regular teams to liase with us on this . as long term doorstaff not all of us are so called angels either so we have regular information coming in all the time and the outlook at the moment is not good at all.
    You make an interesting point and I have heard Eastern European stuff is coming over into the UK in much more significant quantities than before. However the prices are still rather high. Plus, bullet proof vests? You are kidding right? Bullet resistant at best. Unless you are wearing something like Dragon skin or Level IV.

Stay safe out there, several of my friends work doors and it is getting to be a problem locally with Eastern European men causing aggro apparently. Luckily no guns involved though. North Wales, not exactly a hotspot for anything really!

Comment

Funny how most of you think a real fire arm will cost more than a rif. Just last year a guy was arrested in a town not 5 mins drive from me for converting blank uzi's back to live. He was selling them for £100 each and they came with a full mag. Now I'm not too sure I know many retailers doing a £100 uzi. Last year a SA80 had the street value of £250 and was the most popular rifle seized. AK's apparently around the £200 mark. Modern pistols are often pretty pricey though most crims use older varieties.
      That's one of the problem the fire arms bane brought in. Many collectors sold there collections rather then get them disposed off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hotelkilo View Post
        you can buy certain antique firearms with no licence at all ie made before a certain date or chambered in a so called obsolete calibre. you can also own the antique ammunition legally(if you can source it). if you load the firearm and you dont have a section1 ticket for the firearm then you have committed a firearms offence..
        Be aware that you can indeed own an obsolete caliber firearm without a certificate even if it hasn't been deactivated.
        HOWEVER ...NO live ammunition is EVER consider obsolete. You don't have to load it, merely possessing ammunition for your obsolete firearm will be a breach of the firearms act if you don't have a certificate for it

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
          Many collectors sold there collections rather then get them disposed off.

Um, I am fairly sure even pre hand gun ban all firearms were listed on certificates and I should imagine it was checked up on that everybody had handed them over or properly transfered them to places or people with the correct paperwork? How could people just sell them on unoffically and say "I SOLD THEM TO SOME BLOKE AT THE CAR BOOT OFFICER, HONESTLY I DON'T HAVE ANY PISTOLS ANYMORE". Then again maybe I am wrong as I didn't shoot back then.

Comment

I used to be part of the western living history group
            The pistol ban proper screwed it, obsolete ammo firearms are almost non existent. Even some blank firers were had to be destroyed. Be careful what you own.
            Just cos it's 100 years old dose not make a gun antique

Lastchancers.co.uk
            Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by FMJ View Post
              Um, I am fairly sure even pre hand gun ban all firearms were listed on certificates and I should imagine it was checked up on that everybody had handed them over or properly transfered them to places or people with the correct paperwork? How could people just sell them on unoffically and say "I SOLD THEM TO SOME BLOKE AT THE CAR BOOT OFFICER, HONESTLY I DON'T HAVE ANY PISTOLS ANYMORE". Then again maybe I am wrong as I didn't shoot back then.
              I wasn't referring to those that went to shooting clubs and the like, more the guys that collected ww2 era and such and that. Used to be quite a commen thing with a lot of the old war vets an that. I'm not sure on your age so don't know if you would remember much of the gun amisty the gov did when the ban came in? Pretty much every police station had a bin that you could drop of a fire arm, no questions asked. They had thousands handed in from muskets through to modern, even a 50cal machine gun and a rpg. You would be surprised at what some people collect in there lofts....

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
                I wasn't referring to those that went to shooting clubs and the like, more the guys that collected ww2 era and such and that. Used to be quite a commen thing with a lot of the old war vets an that. I'm not sure on your age so don't know if you would remember much of the gun amisty the gov did when the ban came in? Pretty much every police station had a bin that you could drop of a fire arm, no questions asked. They had thousands handed in from muskets through to modern, even a 50cal machine gun and a rpg. You would be surprised at what some people collect in there lofts....

Womens mannequins, rpgs, machine guns, ammo presses, even an anti aircraft missiles i've got it all in my loft

Comment

Just to lighten the mood.

You can legally keep a firearm without a certificate if you have a ship .... I wonder if a RIB or jetski could be classed as a ship?
                  Firearms Act 1968
                  13 Equipment for ships and aircraft.(1)A person may, without holding a certificate,—
                  (a)have in his possession a firearm or ammunition on board a ship, or a signalling apparatus or ammunition therefor on board an aircraft or at an aerodrome, as part of the equipment of the ship, aircraft or aerodrome;
                  (b)remove a signalling apparatus or ammunition therefor, being part of the equipment of an aircraft, from one aircraft to another at an aerodrome, or from or to an aircraft at an aerodrome to or from a place appointed for the storage thereof in safe custody at that aerodrome, and keep any such apparatus or ammunition at such a place; and
                  (c)if he has obtained from [F38a constable] a permit for the purpose in the prescribed form, remove a firearm from or to a ship, or a signalling apparatus from or to an aircraft or aerodrome, to or from such place and for such purpose as may be specified in the permit.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                    (c)if he has obtained from [F38a constable] a permit for the purpose in the prescribed form, remove a firearm from or to a ship, or a signalling apparatus from or to an aircraft or aerodrome, to or from such place and for such purpose as may be specified in the permit.
                    Doesn't this part mean you need a permit to put the gun on the ship in the first place?

Comment

• Re: Why is Airsoft whipped more than others?

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      Doesn't this part mean you need a permit to put the gun on the ship in the first place?
                      I think that bit is for repair and servicing + possible practice at a range .

The permit would state where you are taking it and why.

Edit
                      Thinking about it... you're right.... how do you get it there in the first place ????

Comment

• Easy. Whilst on your travels pop to Russia, Africa, southern America, dodgy pub in London, basically anywhere where there's a low or no control over firearms.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                          I think that bit is for repair and servicing + possible practice at a range .

The permit would state where you are taking it and why.

Edit
                          Thinking about it... you're right.... how do you get it there in the first place ????
                          Lol "It came with the ship"?

Comment

lol how many readers of this thread are gonna be scouring ebay etc , for a cheap ship to keep in their back garden in their newly enlarged ponds ...????

Comment

would it not make sense to someone who wants to commit a crime to paint a REAL gun orange and blatently carry it in public! it's totaly stupid to have airsoft guns painted.

Comment

Originally posted by josh randar View Post
                                would it not make sense to someone who wants to commit a crime to paint a REAL gun orange and blatently carry it in public! it's totaly stupid to have airsoft guns painted.
                                Believe it or not, it's already been done in America.

One company actually offers a service to paint real guns in bright colours. Well, paint is not exactly correct, they are Duracoated in bright colours.

http://www.officer.com/article/10248...ions-arms-neon

Here is an example of what can be done. http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_all_colors.html

Check out the bright neon green 2 tone...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rambosheen Find out more about rambosheen
                                Working...
                                X