Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best Hop Up Unit to use?

Hello,
    I've currently got a G&P sr-16 and i'm fully upgrading it as we speak but, wanting to get rid of the standard hop up unit i was wondering if people could advise me into the best hop unit for my sr-16 type to buy?

Any ideas on the best hop up unit?

Cheers to all, Merry Christmas!

Re: What's the best Hop Up Unit to use?

If you're going to go the whole-hog, fit the madbull ultimate plus a black python barrel and either the hop rubber that comes with the ultimate or a shark rubber.

On their own they're OK, but they were designed to be used as a complete set and put together are fantastic, increasing the range of my VFC416 by at least 10m on the range at GZW.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
      If you're going to go the whole-hog, fit the madbull ultimate plus a black python barrel and either the hop rubber that comes with the ultimate or a shark rubber.
      The problem I have with doing that is that I have to use 0.25s with the hop all the way off to get a relatively flat trajectory.
      325-ish fps, 0.2g BBs, with the hop right off go flat about 20-25m, then straight up! That's madbull ultimate hop, with the supplied rubber and nub, and a 285mm black python 6.03mm barrel. BBs were Aim Top.
      I think it needs a different nub - I have an H-nub somewhere - I'll give that a go.

That is the only gripe I have with that setup, though. The consistency and accuracy are excellent - I just have to aim a bit low for long distance.
      Was quite amusing when I first tried it, though, I didn't have time to change all my mags to 0.25s after trying to set the hop, so I went out first game with 0.2s - a couple of guys behind sandbags thought my rounds were flying to low to hit them, only to have them curl up at the last moment and hit them. :D

Comment

0.25s hold their energy better than 0.20 anyway, so are more accurate at range and in windy conditions.

Better to pay a few quid more for heavier BBs and fire less of them per kill.
        sigpic

Comment

No doubt. And even if I do fix the adjustment issue, I'll be sticking with 0.25s (and upgrading my other AEGs to make good use of them too).

Comment

I've been looking at the Madbull Ultimate hop up and it looks good, i've got a Python V2 barrel 6.03mm in it already so hopefully the joint combination will be good.
            When we're talking about the Madull ultimate hop up, is this the one 3-in-1 that can take an LED fitting in it or is there another Ultimate madbull hop up?

Comment

Yes mate, the 3-in-1.

I've got V2 barrels in other guns (and had them in ones I've sold), but with the matching hop there's a big difference. I had the V2 with a shark rubber and a guarder metal hop, but when I switched to the ultimate hop it really took me by surprise. As you've got the python in there already, it seems a bit of a no-brainer to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fergus37 View Post
                I've been looking at the Madbull Ultimate hop up and it looks good, i've got a Python V2 barrel 6.03mm in it already so hopefully the joint combination will be good.
                When we're talking about the Madull ultimate hop up, is this the one 3-in-1 that can take an LED fitting in it or is there another Ultimate madbull hop up?
                nope same one, but be careful though because i bought one for my g&P m4 and it jammed every single shot even after re-shimming and check by a pro

but went to a skirmish one day and for some reason it work for half a day with only a src rubber and scs nub (tried with with like 6 different nubs and 3 different rubbers)....sometimes it double feed and jammed but when it did shoot i was literally hitting people from across the field...it was outrageous!

edit: it was a deep fire 6.02 barrel btw worked fine with the stock g&P unit though

Comment

Excellent, so madbull ultimate 3-in-1 hop up it is then! And replace the rubber with a shark rubber?

Comment

Try the blue rubber supplied with the hop first. That's just as good in the unit as the shark for most people.
                    sigpic

Comment

prometheus neo chamber with strike arm
                      prometheus barrel
                      fire fly hop rubber
                      Fire fly hop nub
                      PTFE tape wrapped around the barrel to make it more stable..
                      And use .25g bbs

Thats the best you can get IMO without doing the R hop . I got the setup above in my L85 and it is amazing..

Comment

There has been a lot of good press about the Madbull Ultimate's, but many people have said they are a pig to fit and due to the small tweaks and 'gentle persuasion' needed in order to get them to fit properly, they do sometimes suffer from feeding problems.

I bought a hop unit a couple of weeks ago and had the choice of the Madbull or Systema, and I ended up going up Systema. Works a dream and haven't had any issues with it so far.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have had awesome performance with my madbull hop unit and blue rubber and v2 barrel,although i had to change the nub that comes with the blue rubber as it is on the big side compared to over nubs on the market which caused overhop even when the hop unit was completely off.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUNISHER View Post
                            I have had awesome performance with my madbull hop unit and blue rubber and v2 barrel,although i had to change the nub that comes with the blue rubber as it is on the big side compared to over nubs on the market which caused overhop even when the hop unit was completely off.
                            I had exactly this problem too.

Comment

I would also recomend a Firefly bucking and nub. I've tried a madbull 6.03 vs TK twist in my CQBR. So far the TK lowers the FPS but gives slightly better accuracy at range. Very little in it. If you can streach to firefly, TM bucking with element H hop puts put some serious range too once set up nice and straight.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fergus37 British army load out FTW Find out more about fergus37
                              Working...
                              X