Can you believe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you believe....

Anyone who knows me, knows I work for an Airsoft shop in the midlands area, those that don't, you do now

We recieved a call from a customer, first question he asked was

"how do you downgrade your guns?"

Lol, proceeded to inform the chap how, changing te spring ect...

"ah good, because ¥<$%$}*~$<¥<¥~}#{ simply drilled a hole in my cylinder!"

Wtf!!!! So to save time taking a gearbox apart, they simply remove the upper, drill a hole into the cylinder and replace upper....

Oh it works a treat btw, but also leaves burrs inside the cylinder, shredding the o ring, lowering your fps every shot, never mind any burr going through the air nozzle, bye bye hop!!! Gouged barrel, ect ect!

Its not reccomended btw... If you hadn't guessed! Personally, if you have a new gun from a southern retailer, and your competent enough to expose the gearbox, just rotate the cylinder, if you find a non standard hole in it, clearly done by hand, me personally, I'd send it back, point out the shoddy workmanship and ask for it to be downgraded properly!

Re: Can you believe....

Ahh that old trick. I saw an AEG downgraded that way by a Reading based* retailer many years ago... impressive work :S

*There were three of them, so you're probably guessing the wrong one!

Comment

Lol, nah, not them this time round!

Irony? Those 3 you mentioned? Shop I work for, used to be one of them, then another shop, now in its third and final phase, approaching world domination, (uk first ) lol

Comment

One shop (wont mention) upgraded a tm mp5 to 330 fps for one of the locals at my site and all they did was put a white pvc pipe on the spring guide...
        He paid £50 for that as well..

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
          One shop (wont mention) upgraded a tm mp5 to 330 fps for one of the locals at my site and all they did was put a white pvc pipe on the spring guide...
          He paid £50 for that as well..
          what does this do,create a better straighter tension in the spring im guessing?
          sigpic
          Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
          Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
            what does this do,create a better straighter tension in the spring im guessing?
            Yeah puts the spring under more pressure.. It was basically a big spring guide spacer...
            Also thats why bearing spring guides can rise the fps as its compressing the spring more...

Comment

One (or two) of the HK retailers would drill a hole in the air nozzle if you wanted a downgrade!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

madwelshman Smoke and a pancake! Find out more about madwelshman
              Working...
              X