X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRR help

Hey guys

i have a set of PRR units here,

does anyone know anyone or anywhere in the uk that re programs from uhf onto uk pmr 446

as im abit stumped on sending them to sweden for a mate to do them

Re: PRR help

Try talking headsets mate, they do a lot of stuff to do with radios and might have the software to do this.

Before anyone says, I cant see how http://www.talkingheadsets.co.uk/ is in breach of Zin as it is not in direct competition with Z1.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Is it even possible?
      Assuming you mean issued Personal Role Radios (not PMR's in PRR clone bodies) and pressuming you could reprogramme the freq. what about all the clever transmission and encoding/decoding stuff?

Also, UK PMR freq. are UHF.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Plus 1 for Talking headsets, they helped me out loads a couple of years back.

Comment

Hi,here's a link to some info on them if this helps??? http://www.prc68.com/I/Bowman.shtml

I also have a set of bowman prr's and need some help/info,
          i have the duel ptt versions with command wires to link to a second radio,on the end of this wire is a clansman 7 pin connector,is it possible to change this 7 pin clansman connector to a motorola xtn twin pin connector so i can use my bowmans for team radios and also my motorola to listen to others if i want to ???
          Any info/help/advise or links would be appreciated
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
            Is it even possible?
            Assuming you mean issued Personal Role Radios (not PMR's in PRR clone bodies) and pressuming you could reprogramme the freq. what about all the clever transmission and encoding/decoding stuff?

Also, UK PMR freq. are UHF.
            Yes gen ones are UHF but that would mean I will transmit on emergency channels and also civvi instructors while I'm airsofting

And the UHF is 440.6 I need mine on 446.8 so can cross talk with my other team mates and guys who are on standard pmd radios

Sean- cheers for the link mate will have a looksie most helpful

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

r6shooter Find out more about r6shooter
            Working...
            X