Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made recoil kit ?

Firstly sorry if this is the wrong section
    Right guys ive been thinking about this for some time now and i think its time i undgo this project
    Im an engineering student at college so i have all the equiptment and materials i need for free .
    So the idea was i want to make a copy of tremmors recoil kit for stock tubes but make it stronger if possible
    I will use a normal stock tube then thread the end so it can be capped.
    But i need someone with a tremmors kit to get me some measurments so this can go underway
    The kit will be fitted pretty much the same as the tremors however it will be slightly different
    I have both lathes and cnc machines so all the parts can be made pretty easy and to a decent finish/quality
    Ive heard of the kits stripping gears and chewing up pistons so i might use a different strenght spring on the weight to dampen the blow more
    I cant see this project being the hardest thing out there so why not give it a go ?

Tell me your veiws and what you think can be done ill try and explain as much as i can in text until i can get my computor working to put pics up
    But mainly some one with a tremors kit would be the greatest help

Many thanks kiran

Re: Home made recoil kit ?

I wouldnt even make this post if i had the kit id be to busy making it already and possibly testing by now. You dont need to ask for opinions just look at what you have, and come up with a design then implement it. Measure what you have and design around that, that way you arnt copying someone elses mistakes.

Less talk, more machining.

Comment

Seems to me that the OP doesnt have a tremors kit to look at.. to be honest you'd be better off getting one so you can be looking at it throughout the project! Would be worth while if you manage to pull it off!!

Comment

You dont need it to look at you look at what you have (the gun) and build a solution, youll then have your own design and your own measurements. Even if the principle idea is based on someone elses design.

Thats the whole point of being an engineer and its my favorite part, the fun bit.

Comment

Nope i dont have the kit but have looked at at them i need two measurments and i can just build it
          I need a measurment of the second screw and the mass of the weight they use i have a design its just
          These two measurments i need and then fingers crossed with my tutor next week i can make it but if i cant get the measurments its a guessing game
          I have everything else ready
          The idea is to build a weight with a long rod to the piston head and a spring on each end of the buffer tube if i can get it to work ill test it . If it strips the piston ill refine it and when it works ill make a few

Comment

Why do you need the mass of the weight, measure the distance from the back of the piston head to the resting position of the weight, thats your rod and diameter of the tube your making it to fit in will give you your width, then measure the distance the piston will travel. This will be your recoil weight length then measure the distance left to travel between end of weight to the end of the stock tube just to make sure it wont hit the end on travel distance. Theres a lot more to the kit than just the weight though, youll need a way to fix the outer sleve in the stock tube, if your going with an outer sleve design, if you really want to copy there design your best simply buying the kit you can take measurements to your hearts content and in your own time. When i develop a part it costs me hundreads in development, design, prototyping and testing its just part of it. Sometimes to never make it off the work bench, theres a long way to go between making something for your self and making something for the masses too something to think about at the design stage if your intending to sell eventually or produce more than one of.

You should be able to work out everything you need from having a gun apart infront of you.

Comment

Okay well i can do the lenght and the weight is all to do with the motor as if its too heavy its going to put too much stress on the piston gears and motor id like to make it so it can come with differebt wieghts for say sportlines or guns with better internals but tbh if your going to fit it you might aswell do the internals up .
              Well ill go into college next week and give a prototype ago and see how it goes
              Thanks for the advice
              Kiran

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fucoffee Find out more about fucoffee
              Working...
              X