Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buyer problems

Hi,
    I sold a ics mp5 to a member on this forum! The mp5 was is perfect condition and never had a problem! I sent it to the person and received a pm a little while ago!

It was asking for a full refund as the gun stopped working after a minute after firing!

They said they have charged the battery again and it has made no difference!

I don't want to give a refund until i find out exactly what is the problem also i cant prove that the buyer hasn't broken it! I have never had a problem with it before and It is reasonably new about 6 months!

I have asked them if it is making a noise at all and to check the wiring!

Has anyone got any advice for me?

THanks

jack

Re: buyer problems

Theres no proof that the buyer isnt trying to con you.

If he is asking for a refund he should send the gun back first.

Comment

No im not trying to imply that the buyer is try to con me! I just dont know what to do!

Comment

Simple, unfortunately this sort of things happens a lot, the buyer may have half pulled the trigger or used a half charged battery and locked the gb, it can happen perfectly honestly!
        if there new or relatively un technical then they would think its totally fanarrr

Since they are obliged to buy the gun if its working having agreed to the deal tell him to post it back to you, you check it over, if its working again send it back to him and your a tenner down on postage not to much harm done. If it is broken assess the damage, if you think it was caused by there negligence then tell them this and ask for an explanation. It may have been damaged in the post for example. At this point you are obliged to give the re-fund as you cant really prove anything, you can then claim on the postal insurance!

Comment

Hi thanks for the advise!
          I will message him and see what happens! I hate for anyone to think I am doing them over as such! I like to solve matters as be best as i can!

Comment

I totally agree with your evil twin. I recently bought a gun, which just didn't want to fire. It turned out that the motor had come slightly out of adjustment and one of the motor wires had come loose in the post, but it took me about 6 hours to track the fault down because of the 2 different faults.
            sigpic

Comment

Right, so I should say as he agreed to buy the gun off of me in a working condition, that if he posts the gun back to me I can check it over to see if i can find a fault! If it is sorted send it back to him! But If I find that it has been damaged by the buyer (negligence) then I will require an explanation! And If it has been damaged by the postal service then I can claim on the insurance!

I appreciate everyone's help on this I want to remain a good seller and buyer on this forum! I did have a page of feedback's until the website was changed!

Comment

Right, so I should say as he agreed to buy the gun off of me in a working condition, that if he posts the gun back to me I can check it over to see if i can find a fault! If it is sorted send it back to him! But If I find that it has been damaged by the buyer (negligence) then I will require an explanation! And If it has been damaged by the postal service then I can claim on the insurance!

Perfect, A* for you sir :D

The only issue with the negligence thing is they will always blame the postman, so you will invariable be claiming on the insurance! (and you can sometime get even more thn you sold it for, as they may reimburse for the rrp value if they cant find its ture value :D

Comment

Ok thankyou! Sorry for sounding so stupid!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snowyj99 Find out more about snowyj99
                  Working...
                  X