CA G36K or ARES (Umarex) G36KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA G36K or ARES (Umarex) G36KV

Dunno which to buy. Both have goods and bads.

The ares is more of a winner, however i'm put off by the stories of the internals.
    Is it worth buying the Umarex and replacing the gears, or just buying the CA version.

Reason i want the Umarex is because it has the scope + the rail, and the CA doesnt. And it also comes with the adjustable stock which i prefer to the solid one.
    But i don't want to buy 1, to realise i made a wrong choice etc...

Also what kind of grips attach to the Umarex lower rail. Its straight rather than your normal lower rail with slits.
    Not being able to put attachments on is a bit of a downer.

Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: CA G36K or ARES (Umarex) G36KV

speaking from experience, had a CA 36c absolutely quality gun, felt better built and performed better than my mates star 36K also found the scope on them is shocking, crap eye releif, fogged up real easy, imho much better of getting the CA and dishing out for some proper optics if theyre your thing.

Comment

I have the Ares g36c version and I use it as my main primary and have never had a problem with it. So I think they are very reliable.

Comment

Ares every time. The old Star G36s were absolute garbage, as said above, but the new Ares ones are in my opinion the best AEG G36 on the market, minus the TM Recoil Shock.

I happen to be selling the full length version .

Comment

I've sold both and the CA one (in my opinion only) is slightly better, ie it felt better in the hands. However if you really want the ARES scope'd handrail I would say its pretty poor, the battery cover comes off two easily and the actual scope can come off in an (admittedly heavy) fall.
          Personally I would go for the CA (or JG) with an Eotech.

Comment

Get the CA. Ares parts are generally not interchangeable with other brands and it can be a bitch to track down replacements for broken parts. I had a mate who had to buy a new gearbox because one little part in his Ares broke.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

OK seems the consensus from here and a few other places is CA. Shop won't be too happy :P They like to keep pushing ARES stuff XD

I want the K length, but not a huge fan of the scope. Would be ok if it had the RIS rail on top so i can put an eotech on it, but now im thinking of getting a C rail if i have to go CA. Will look much better IMO anyway XD

Any more thoughts would be good though

Comment

A little revival,

I took out my new Ares G36k, and absolutely loved it. The recoil is fun, and feels pretty epic on full auto, seeing as I have never used a recoil rifle before!

Had a new Prommy hop unit put in, seeing as there were rumours of bad hops, and left a stock hop rubber in there... now it fires b-e-a-utifully! Seeing as I have a highly upgraded L86 and L85, and being a HUGE fan of SA80's, I simply could not put down my G36. Loved it to pieces from game one.

Get the Ares, but if you're only getting the Ares for the externals, make your choice based on other grounds. The scope is too low and has about 3mm eye relief!! I am just listing an Ares scope rail + 20mm top rail for extra sights in the classifieds now, you get first refusal!
                sigpic

Comment

Forgot about this thread XD

Actually tried looking for a CA but local shop couldnt get any in soon.
                  Ended up with the Umarex (Ares) one.

Wasnt just in for externals... But since its what you hold on to and the looks i wanted a good one. Externals are good, eye relief isnt bad but not great with glasses.
                  Put a Flat rail on it already for an eotech XD

Just gotta see what the internals are like this weekend. 12mth warranty so all isnt too bad if it does break eventually

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
                  Working...
                  X