Innert / Fake ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innert / Fake ammunition

I was wondering if these are covered by any stupid rule, like youve got to have some kinda proof you deserve to use these....

Was going to put some fake bullets in a cheeck rest on my sniper. Some 7.62's should look sweet.

Are they still legal with no proof of exemption?

Thanks.

Re: Innert / Fake ammunition

Yep, legal as anything. Why wouldn't they be?
    /9 out.

Comment

I want some 50 cal inert ammo and 7.62

Comment

I actually got a visit from the Police for sending inert ammunition in the post.

Likewise with the person I sent it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder Head View Post
          I actually got a visit from the Police for sending inert ammunition in the post.

Likewise with the person I sent it to.
          really? Why?

Comment

probably because it was intercepted by the post office and they thought it was live, which would have required a license,and a special couriour as they wont carry live ammo
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
              probably because it was intercepted by the post office
              Why would they do that?They've got no legal right to open the package,so it would have to have been badly wrapped to fall apart.Either that or not very well padded so that the "ammunition" could be felt through the envelope.
              Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

Im pretty sure they have the right to maintain saftey for their employees though, and as such randomly may Xray packages from time to time to ensure there is no health risk. (see .. letter bombs, anthrax etc)

Comment

Look at my avatar.No they don't!
                  Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

I have had a visit from the police after sending some items through the post. I was charged with causing a breach of the peace as the x-ray operator in the depot at Aberdeen was caused 'shock and distress by what he had seen'.

I attended the station, ientified my equipment, showed the police the carriage rules i had printed off from the royalmail website, along with the relevent sections of the VCRA and my membership card.

The charges were dropped and i had the items returned to me.

If you are sending inert ammo or IF's/RIF/s through the post the advice to me from both the post office AND the police. was to add IN BIG LETTERS the following labels to the out side of the package.

REPLICA TOY DO NOT FLY, LAND MAIL ONLY!!!!

it was a ball ache at the time and i did question why the person operating the x-ray system was caused shock and distress when this was part of his job. I think he should seek some less dangerous employment!!!!

Comment

I wonder what the danger pay for an x-ray machine operator is?

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                        probably because it was intercepted by the post office and they thought it was live, which would have required a license,and a special couriour as they wont carry live ammo
                        Pretty much what screwdriver said, it was picked up on a scanner and needed to be taken for testing. I didn't really think about writing INERT on the box or anything, the thought didn't cross my mind but was told that is what I should do in future.

I got a visit from a detective and was asked why I sent inert bullets, I explained that they could be used for enhancing the look of an airsoft gun and he didn't know what airsoft was so I showed him one of my guns (a CYMA Ak47 to be exact) and gave him a brief rundown of the law regarding them as he didn't have a clue.

He thanked me afterwards and basically just told me to be careful with it and what do when sending inert bullets through the post next time.

Comment

So what is the safest way to post them?
                          Thanks
                          Wanted:
                          Baton/Rubber 40mm grenades
                          GHK AKM Magazines

Comment

I use either 1st class recorded or SD depending on what exactly i am sending and now i ALWAYS ;label the outside with either INERT or TOY and DO NOT FLY, Land mail only.

Also make sure there is a visable return address on it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                            Working...
                            X